Author Topic: Ryanair Email  (Read 31505 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2020, 15:30. »
Hey B&W - have you heard about the (probably) empty - but genuine threat from Ryanair to ban people who clawback from future purchases ?

Odd way of soing business but they are on record as saying that
Let me think about this threat from Oleeeeery, i pay him hundreds if not thousands of pounds a year in advance for flights that never take off or have a 14 day quarantine on arrival, or the scheduled day or time has moved. I ask for MY money back which i don't think is unreasonable as last time i looked i wasn't a charity. Lyingair then give me the runaround minus Mike Reid as presenter, phone calls not answered, email not replied to, live chat which goes round the reeking, all designed to wear me down. Im now on my 4th chargeback, 3 down with 2 left and every victory makes me elated. If OlearyAir go under its down to our Micheal and his market trader tactics. I also think the EU should be taking him to court for the flagrant breach of numerous laws. I saw Grant Schnapps being grilled about lack of action months ago, he resembled a ferret in a sack trying to dodge an answer. If i get barred then seriously not bothered.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 15:33. by wilson »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 20:00. »
Hi Wilson

Can I ask the average time it takes to get your money back after you have supplied the details to your card provider?  I have submitted a charge back request over a payment made to Brittany Ferries whom changed the return port and cancelled the outward journey but failed to refund.

Derek
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 20:03. by Derek »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2020, 20:52. »
The important part of an email is the bit after @ so @ryanair.com is Ryanair's domain anything else is not them so if you got an email say blah@supportryanair.com that is not them. It can be tricky.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 09:12. »
Hi Wilson

Can I ask the average time it takes to get your money back after you have supplied the details to your card provider?  I have submitted a charge back request over a payment made to Brittany Ferries whom changed the return port and cancelled the outward journey but failed to refund.

Derek

Good Morning Derek, I hope your good ladies health is continuing to improve.
I raised a charge back dispute with American Express earlier this year following a Ryanair cancellation, as a matter of principle I did not want a voucher to use against a future flight or to wait several months for a refund.
I contacted AMEX and opened a dispute under the "goods or services not received" line, the easiest dispute to resolve in my book, it's a no brainer.
I had to email the cancellation documentation to Amex. The money was credited back to me within three hours. The operative did tell me that Ryanair had 28 days to dispute it and charge the cash back, if they did this Amex would give them 28 days to pay me back, if they didn't Amex would pay me back and close the case from my end and pursue Ryanair themselves.
Ryanair did not dispute the chargeback.
The service from AMEX was, as usual impeccable.

Regards all

John 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:17. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 12:58. »
I paid on a debit card and have to wait until Santander send me the forms to fill in and return which they said could take up to 14 days. It's obviously a lot easier claiming your money back on a credit card.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 18:38. »
Hi John

Thanks for giving that detail. My wife has fully recovered I am glad to say and we are both being very virus careful at present. The credit card I used was a Santander Zero credit card and yes the forms arrived from santander after I phoned them. I heard nothing from Santander after I posted them back to them. I then phoned them to enquire if they had received them and they had but no refund yet. Interestingly I put a review on Trust Pilot this morning and within minutes Brittany Ferries had commented that they had processed the refund (I will believe that when it arrives back into my bank), however they did not previously respond to my email on the subject. Power of the Internet I believe. The booking was only for two motorbikes but I still could not see why they should keep my £500 odd money if the could not provide the service I had paid for.

It appears that many travel companies could not give a dam about spoiling their customer relations maybe most of their customers have short memories.

Derek

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 21:47. »
Hi Wilson

Derek
Mine were barclaycard and MBNA, they use an online form. You are asked to show if possible what you have done to obtain a refund before resorting to a chargeback, hence write down days and times even if you get no response from Ryanair. Letter received within 4 weeks stating they agree that merchant has failed to provide goods or service. Funds are credited back to your account with caveat that Ryanair has 28 days to dispute or challenge, after this period has elapsed the money is safe.
I would also warn against using PayPal with Ryanair, we used pp to book an additional bag, obviously lyingair wont ever give the money back but neither will Paypal under there terms and conditions so be warned. I dont imagine the banks are happy with chargeback but its a law to protect consumers.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 11:07. »
Apparently RyanAir have backed down on the blacklisting of people who have used a clawback to reclaim money rightly owed to them . They did it very quietly and without anyone noticing unusual for them they normally do everything in the public light , except obviously when they are wrong .

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 11:46. »
Good to hear Spurs
BeachLife

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 17:51. »
I suppose if they banned everybody who did a charge back they would be mighty short of customers once things pick up again.
I received my refund for cancelled mid May flights about a week ago.

Now I have an issue with Big Bus in Rome who gladly accepted my money for their hop on / off service for specific dates last week only for me to discover that when I tried to find them at the bus stop their service in Rome was suspended in March and hasn't started up again yet. On contacting them they offered to honour the tickets for six months in any city where they are operating. My complaint is escalated but I have to wait 20 working days for a response; so I started a charge back with Visa but have to wait 15 days for the company to respond. Life gets tedious don't it.
Dave

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 21:54. »
Its a mad world we live in, where a business is unlawfully holding a customers money, then customer uses the lawful rules to get money back, said business then states they wont sell you anymore flights because you got your own money back. Were living in a crazy world.
Weve also started not paying in advance for anything even if we lose a discount, we now book and pay at the last minute therefore avoiding future issues.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 08:21. by wilson »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2020, 10:01. »
Hi

Update. I got my money back from Brittany Ferries today. Much better to have the cash back rather than a credit note just in case they go out of business as the whole travel industry must be having big problems.

Derek

Offline Maria Jones

Ryanair Email
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 22:02. »
Had an email from Ryanair on 16th May cancelling my flights for 23rd June and my return flights in July for three of us.I have been on the website trying to get an answer,when am I going to get my refund.My son had his May flights cancelled and he sorted it out by staying online and not using the query questions and getting live chat.
He did this for me yesterday and I've just had my refund today.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Email
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 08:50. »
I applied for a refund with Ryanair on Monday 21 September and today Friday, 5 days later I've received it in full in my bank. Unbelievable.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Ryanair Email
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 10:02. »
You were lucky. I have also just received my refund but I applied in April!!!
Casa De Valen Med II