Author Topic: More bad Coronavirus news  (Read 12693 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
More bad Coronavirus news
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2020, 12:30. »
This weeks update attached.

Luckily off to Lanzarote on 1st Nov ....  8)
BeachLife

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2020, 13:17. »
Enjoy your holiday.
Hope the Brits don´t bring infections with them!

Bert

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2020, 15:17. »
I read yesterday that to get into the Canaries from the UK (and some other countries which escape me) you have to either have a Covid test on arrival or a test and pass in the UK not more that 72 hours before arrival.

No doubt BL has it in hand and can advise and how much does that cost.

What happens to your jollies if you have a test in the UK and fail. :-[ and even worse if you fail on arrival  >:( >:(

Dave

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2020, 18:39. »
No - its hassle free Dave no checks either end (for now)

"The Canary Islands, Mykonos, the Maldives and Denmark have been added to the government’s travel corridor list following a decrease in confirmed cases of coronavirus.

From 4am on Sunday 25 October, passengers arriving to the UK from these destinations will no longer need to self-isolate, so long as they haven’t been in or transited through any other non-exempt countries in the 14 days preceding their arrival"

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/canary-islands-denmark-maldives-and-mykonos-added-to-travel-corridor-exempt-list
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2020, 20:38. »
One more day of self quarantine after arriving back in UK from GA, have had no calls or knocks on our front door, other people we know who have quarantined have heard nothing either, think the powers to be rely on people sticking to the rules.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2020, 21:15. »
Yea we done the same in August, No calls no checks, 2 weeks wasted !!!!

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2020, 07:35. »
Not wasted. The more people comply with the restrictions and quarantines, the sooner we will get on top of this. Flout the rules and act in a careless way will mean we will struggle with this virus indefinitely. The quickest way to escape restrictions is to comply with them.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2020, 08:28. »
I read yesterday that to get into the Canaries from the UK (and some other countries which escape me) you have to either have a Covid test on arrival or a test and pass in the UK not more that 72 hours before arrival.

No doubt BL has it in hand and can advise and how much does that cost.

What happens to your jollies if you have a test in the UK and fail. :-[ and even worse if you fail on arrival  >:( >:(

Dave

We were supposed to be in Cyprus now, they have a system in place were you have to produce evidence of a negative Covid test, with the test being taken I think it was 48 hours before your arrival..if you can not produce this you are not allowed entry. With the pressure that our testing facilities are under we didn't feel it right to use up their valuable capacity for something as trivial as a holiday, we could also not guarantee that we could have the result back in 48 hours. In all honesty I will also add that we did not feel comfortable going on holiday at the moment as we wouldn't enjoy ourselves or feel relaxed with all the restrictions in place.
I agree with Tony's comments above re quarantine on your return home, checks or not it should just be done.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2020, 08:29. »
Not wasted. The more people comply with the restrictions and quarantines, the sooner we will get on top of this. Flout the rules and act in a careless way will mean we will struggle with this virus indefinitely. The quickest way to escape restrictions is to comply with them.
Totally agree with you Tony whilst there are people amongst us who think its all a waste of time or try every opportunity to undermine the rules, then we will still be in this position in 5 years time. When you see and here incidents on the news of non compliance it does make you question, why?

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2020, 10:44. »
Yea we done the same in August, No calls no checks, 2 weeks wasted !!!!
...and there you have it. The reason we'll be locked down again soon, then let out in time to spend money for Christmas. New state of alarm here as of this morning. Meetings of more than six are sure to go.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2020, 11:18. »
I went out to GA in August and did my two weeks prison on return. No big deal it’s easy enough to comply with . A mate of mine who came back a week later did get a call from the home office to check he was at home . Apparently they ring at random if your not in it’s a fine , or if you have a mobile number and they ring that if you answer they then check where the phone is , if your not at home it’s a fine ,if you don’t answer they again check where phone is ,if it’s at home they call back and go through process again if it’s not at home it’s a fine. . I also know someone who had a person from gov knock on his door to check. So be warned checks are happening,probably not many but it’s not worth the risk either financially or for the health of others.
If you travel do the two weeks quarantine we all need to do our bit

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2020, 11:40. »
I know what you mean but I came out of isolation,
 After 2 weeks , back to work on a building site with over a hundred others,
Probably 50 different households, might catch it there !!!!!, I know it’s got to be done but there MUST be a BETTER way .????
Booked for a weekend, end of November, what’s that old song ( should I stay or should I Go ) 😂😂😂😂😷😷😷

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2020, 12:25. »
Steve, you went away on holiday, coming into contact with bunches of people you don't normally meet. After completing the quaranteen you went back to work with "over a hundred others" and DID NOT GIVE IT TO THEM - You see the picture here? It's about OTHER PEOPLE not you! What you want to hope, is that if any of those 100 people put themselves at risk they will complete the quaranteed to protect you!

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2020, 18:03. »
Had something sent to me this am. from the N332 Facebook page regarding the Valencian governments announcement of curfew and re-statement of control ahead of a new "State of Alarm" that is coming out tomorrow (26th).

The bit that caught my eye is 4.5 - I'll put the rest below:

"4.5. Use of a mask is obliged at all times except at the moment of eating or drinking."

Was that always the rule or does anyone think that's new ?  I have always taken my mask off as I sat down - putting it on again to leave or use the facilities. Previously I haven't been encouraged to leave the mask on until eating / drinking. It "sort of" implies that you need to move your mask to one side each time you sip or take a mouthful

I haven't got the original Spanish to look at the translation nut I am hoping that the "moment@~ referred to was simply after sitting down and placing your order

The rest is below:

3.1 Measures applying to gardens and park and open air spaces.
Parks and open air spaces will remain open only from 8 am to 22pm.
4. Measures applying to Restaurants and Hospitality establishments.
4.1. Consumption of food or alcohol always must be seated at a table, inside or outside on terraces.
4.2. At the tables, or table groupings, inside or outside on terraces, the number of people is restricted to a maximum of 6.
4.3. The bars can only be used for people ordering and collecting an order (not to sit or stand at).
4.4. Closing time of establishments will be 0.00 (midnight), not being able to accept new orders/seat new tables from 23.00 pm.
4.5. Use of a mask is obliged at all times except at the moment of eating or drinking.
4.6. Strict measures of ventilation and air conditioning must be carried out. 
5. Measures Relating to the Sale of Alcohol
5.1. Sale of alcohol is prohibited during the time slot of 22 pm and 8 am of the following day, in all types of establishment that sell to the public, regardless of the licence they operate under, except in the hospitality establishments that will follow point 4.4.
5.2. As well, it is prohibited to drink alcohol in public streets, 24 hours a day.

Following the science !
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2020, 04:54. »
Think you should abide by the quarantine rules, it does get tedious but done a lot of decorating and house cleaning, done an hour a day learning Spanish and have tried to stay off the beer and lose weight.