Author Topic: More bad Coronavirus news  (Read 12335 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
More bad Coronavirus news
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2020, 14:00. »
No - its hassle free Dave no checks either end (for now)

Hi Beach Life

From Sky News today - watch this space it only says they "aim" to pass a law. Hopefully you will be in and out before it happens. I'm hoping my trip across Spain this weekend counts as essential travel as some regions en route have, or are planning, to ban all but essential travel.

Canary Islands visitors will need negative tests
Spain's Canary Islands aim to pass a law this week demanding a negative COVID-19 test result from tourists wanting to visit the archipelago off northwest Africa.
President Ángel Víctor Torres says the measure will apply to both Spaniards and foreigners.
New infections have been soaring across Spain except for the Canary Islands, a popular tourist destination.
He said the law was being prepared even before the UK and Germany recently lifted travel restrictions to the Canary Islands. Those two countries account for more than half the archipelago’s 13 million annual visitors.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2020, 14:05. »
Thank you Dave - I have read the same. Running out of time to get a test if needed as we are away on Sunday so hopefully we will be over by the time of the rule change.

I would not use up a NHS slot unnecessarily so I have looked at private and they pretty expensive at £140 each - but I'll do the necessary and follow the guidance

I think the best source for clear direction is the gov.uk site as it takes its info straight from Spains equal site and i am subscribed for Spain updates.

Fingers crossed
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2020, 13:20. »
All the regions are now shutting borders but at least Valencia is big enough to travel in. Valencia also seems to have some of lightest restrictions with curfew only starting midnight and bars etc open.
Any way still stuck back in UK with terrible weather & all sorts of restrictions !
Supposed to be out at new year but can’t see that happening with flights getting amended or cancelled every other week !

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2020, 22:17. »
Am I right in thinking that you could no longer drive from say Santander to GA?

Derek

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2020, 11:30. »
Seems a bit confusing but I think you are allowed to drive through areas of way to houses, work etc. there is more information on n332 Facebook page about restrictions

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2020, 15:27. »
At the moment, you can only travel between Autonomous Communities if you are going to work or to your habitual residence, not a second/holiday home.

You can however fly into Alicante from another country without quarantine restriction in Spain, but you then cannot travel by car/rail etc outside the Valencian Community.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2020, 19:55. »
We left GA this morning and are staying overnight in Pamplona on our way to Calais. As we are going to our habitual residence (UK) we are ok, I have my Eurotunnel booking printed out as proof. Not been stopped so far but big police presence at junctions all the way once we left Valencia province.
All the motorway overhead gantries have signs saying if stopped you must justify your journey.
Maybe police ignore us as we are in UK registered vehicle with roof box. That may be a way round the rules if you're a criminal. ;)

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2020, 23:20. »
@DaveG well done. Sock it to them! See you back here in the sun sometime soon :) While I stay here in in my house worrying about the future of my sons business here in Spain, people like you give me a sense of hope that none of it matters. Cheers.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2020, 11:46. »
Yes none of it matters until you or someone you know catches the virus. As for getting around the rules are they not there to protect human life. The more people that bend the rules the longer this will go on for and the more will die as a result.

Derek

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2020, 22:15. »
GAV / Derek,
I'm not sure if it's my travels or my bad joke about an elderly  couple being used as a cover for serious criminal activities that incurred your wrath. I'm hoping it was the bad joke but if it's my travels then you had better get over it. I have neither broken nor bent any rules, regulations or laws and follow health guidance to the letter. For you to suggest that I am somehow to blame for the future of your sons business is stretching things a bit far.
You have no idea how long I have been in Spain or the reason for my very early return (I had intended to stay until end March) so it wasn't a quick jolly just to upset you.
Dave

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2020, 23:01. »
DaveG

The more people travel the more the virus can and will spread. If you are happy taking that risk then fine (Hopefully you are not intending to take a holiday in Dorset).

People have not acted in a way that prevents the spread and that is why we are all about to suffer with the 2nd lockdown.

Derek

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:26. by John H »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2020, 09:18. »
Let's keep it clean please, if it carries on like this the thread will be closed.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2020, 11:46. »
I flew in to Alc yesterday morning and as we flew over Spain there seemed to be quite a few flashing blue lights on the motorways - something I've never noticed before. Presumably the police are stopping and checking people crossing the Valencia region's boundaries.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2020, 15:56. »
I flew in to Alc yesterday morning and as we flew over Spain there seemed to be quite a few flashing blue lights on the motorways - something I've never noticed before. Presumably the police are stopping and checking people crossing the Valencia region's boundaries.

You’re risking it, saying you’re in Spain will no doubt lead to a load of unfriendly comments from the usual suspects 😂

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2020, 19:41. »
Thread closed.