Author Topic: Well that is it  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 22:56. »
Spot on. I totally agree. When you read here in the UK that the Police have to break up to large gatherings of young people last night. One being over 500 people at a rave near Bristol. Five Police cars had their tyres slashed whilst there. What hope is there really for us.

I am 77 years plus but very fit (I think) but am I worried about this?  yes I am both for our health and the economy.

What a nightmare for those in charge as they cannot win which ever course they steer.

Derek

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 08:08. »
There does appear to be a significant minority with the self-preservation instincts of lemmings. In the words of Private Fraser "We're doooomed I tell ye, we're doomed"

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 11:22. »
Not sure what comments about illegal raves, visiting night clubs & Inuit population has to do with someone who is perfectly legitimate in visiting their own property or going on a well deserved holiday.
People are just getting carried away with the burn them at the stake mentality if someone does something they don’t agree with!!

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 12:50. »
Definition of selfish.
lacking consideration for other people; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 15:40. »
"Well-deserved".

Bert

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2020, 17:59. »
I think regards holidaying, abroad as long as you follow the rules of your own country and the one you are visiting I can't see the problem, we had two weeks in GA in October, we traveled legitimately, filled in the forms, wore masks and used hand gel we quarantined for two weeks when we returned home, we spent money in bars and restaurants which is beneficial to the area. I really think now in the UK that people are going to die not from the virus but through undiagnosed conditions like cancer and heart attacks, five years ago my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and two years later I had a bad heart attack, had these events happened now the outcome may have been dire, we are now going to see depression and  non covid deaths rocket. It's a pity all the money spent on furlough wasn't spent on shielding the vulnerable and let those fit enough get on with life.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2020, 22:17. »
Agree entirely Kevin.
This conversation is becoming very polarised and heading for lockdown.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2020, 22:19. »
Not sure what comments about illegal raves, visiting night clubs & Inuit population has to do with someone who is perfectly legitimate in visiting their own property or going on a well deserved holiday.

Just to explain that guys... it was obviously an extremely exagerrated example meant to explain my position. But silliness aside, today on the radio there was a government spokesman that voiced a similar opinion to mine. Now I don't agree with even half of the things the government say, but when one of them speaks you might as well listen since it gives an insight into their thinking, and of course their thinking is how we have to end up living. When asked: "Why this lockdown? Why come down so hard? Why not let people take responsibility for their own safety?" - You know what his answer was? He said that one of the reasons that wouldn't work is because people are intent to interpret the guidelines they issue as "the letter of the law", rather than protecting themselves and others by applying some common sense. Hence we all get locked down. Let that sink in. They can't trust the population because of "silly" students beering it up, and because of people like you flying about the place for no particularly food reason. In the middle of a global pandemic.. I'm staying in, and carefully spending the money I have locally. You are a potential super-spreader.

So there you have it. Not just my worthelss opinion, but the opinion of a guy who's opinion actually counts. An opnion of a guy that has just been part of the committee that has locked down the UK BECAUSE "people are perfectly legitimate in ... going on a well deserved holiday".

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Well that is it
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2020, 09:14. »
I've just removed a few posts from this thread, let's keep it clean and don't get personal.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."