Author Topic: Unlocking the lockdown  (Read 25138 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2020, 21:50. »
Totally agree, we've made the decision to support as many local businesses as we can back home and hopefully will be in GA in September to support businesses there to try & survive.
For some to call others selfish because they wish to travel is just pathetic, if some want to stay locked in their house that's their decision the same as for those who don't want to stay locked in.
[/quote]
Calling me pathetic confirms my opinion that there are individuals who put there own self interest above the greater good its all me me me, i want I want with no consideration that were all in this together, if you wish to show support put £20 in an envelope, turning up in GA during a global pandemic is purely for self interest nothing else. 

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2020, 22:07. »
Sorry Wilson  can’t agree we can’t stay in our cocoons for ever . We have to trust the medical scientific and government advice.  If they are saying it’s ok to travel to Spain then people will go . Spain need the tourists to survive. If this is still here in 3 years are you isolating till then ?
I for one have followed all the rules and advice and if now is the time to come out a bit further then I will be doing that , I think we have to accept that nowhere is 100% safe and try to make the best we can of it

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2020, 23:42. »
Spurs, you must realise unless you agree with Wilson you are selfish , wrong and it's all about you as his opinion is always right !!

Offline Pewster

Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2020, 01:57. »
If this whole pandemic has taught me one thing , it’s that for every government expert and scientist we see, there must be a dozen more telling everybody how they’re wrong and this is what should have happened via their social media platform of choice 😉

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2020, 09:08. »
100% with you there Derek in the comparison between Spain and the UK. I hope your good lady is feeling a lot better.

I can see over the coming days, weeks and months this unlocking the lockdown turning into another Brexit debate, heaven forbid with polarised views on both sides.

Can I ask that on the forum we follow the rules and keep it "clean"

Regards all

John

It appears that my prediction was correct, we all have our own views.
The attached cartoon summarises ours quite well, no jaunts for us this year, we are all in different situations.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2020, 09:31. »
Sorry Wilson  can’t agree we can’t stay in our cocoons for ever . We have to trust the medical scientific and government advice.  If they are saying it’s ok to travel to Spain then people will go . Spain need the tourists to survive. If this is still here in 3 years are you isolating till then ?
I for one have followed all the rules and advice and if now is the time to come out a bit further then I will be doing that , I think we have to accept that nowhere is 100% safe and try to make the best we can of it
Spurs i agree with what your saying, im referring to the short term. Im not sat in a tin foil hat with tape on the windows, or walking the streets with a clap board stating the end is nigh. What annoys me are the people throughout that have tried to get round the rules or stuck 2 fingers up to doing the decent thing. People making out they need to go to GA during a pandemic to support businesses please spare me this nonsense, buy a gift voucher loads do them, post 20 euro in an envelope to masa square. The only reason to go in person at this time is for yourself nothing more. I want to go as do many others but if we all turn up what then back to restrictions for all including residents. So anybody in my opinion who chooses to go are being selfish.
And for the forum members who seemed confused with how a forum works, its all about respectful discussion and differing opinions sadly some members like to bully others with name calling and shouting down.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2020, 09:53. »
Hi Wilson

Free speech is allowed as well as your own views providing they agree with mine. (Not my thoughts but occasionally my observation).

Derek

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2020, 09:57. »
I actually agree that no one is actually going to GA to support others. They kid themselves and some might actually believe it. I am going next week and intend to stay safe (hopefully) but am I going for the good of local businesses of course not.

Derek
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:01. by Derek »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #233 on: July 06, 2020, 10:48. »
I’m not saying anyone is purely going to GA to support the businesses I’m not in fact I’m not going at all yet . But at some point in the next 5-6 weeks if things continue on the downward spiral I will go.
My concern is that many businesses in GA will not survive a really poor summer and I no one goes I expect Spain to really suffer a recession the like of which has not been seen.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2020, 10:57. »
Hi Wilson

Free speech is allowed as well as your own views providing they agree with mine. (Not my thoughts but occasionally my observation).

Derek
Derek that old stone definitely doesn't need turning back over, though it would be entertaining.
As for returning short term, i just cant see the non business owning residents of GA want to be overrun by visitors at this time. The make way im coming through members of society need to look in the mirror and reflect on the potential consequences of they're actions once they've flown home.
Spurs in 20 years of visiting GA many businesses didnt survive a great year, there have always been an over supply of establishments, many were failing last year, as always in ga the good ones will survive and come back stronger.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2020, 11:02. »
I think we all need to be allowed to make our own minds what's best for us and others do the same and stop telling others where theycan &  can't go in UK and Spain.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2020, 12:05. »
"As for returning short term, i just cant see the non business owning residents of GA want to be overrun by visitors at this time."

So what. I brought my house and I pay all my taxes and community fees, the law allows me to travel to GA. If others, already in GA, don't want visitors then maybe they should move to a more isolated location. It is a bit rich to suggest that home owners should not visit their home for fear of upsetting a few Brits whom live there. Providing visitors obey the local rules how can the virus discriminate against visitors  I am sure the virus does not select visitors to enjoy a free trip to Spain and once there jump ship onto locals. Life does need to continue with caution.

Derek

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2020, 13:32. »
Spot on Derek - I am healthy and fit, the area I live in the UK is way below the national average for infections and deaths (88 deaths for 343,000 population) and we have been following the guidelines scrupulously since day one as we have a vulnerable person (by the NHS definition) living with us.

Its time to move on now and get going - I cant see any advantage in not carrying on with life under this "new normal" - I'll always be as careful as possible to protect myself and others and follow the guidelines. The Alicante area around GA has fared pretty well from the stats I have seen so and appears as safe as anywhere so off we go this week with QR coded paperwork in hand

As I unfortunately left my car in the on site Airport short stay on March 11th thinking I was going to be back 10 days (not 11 weeks) later - I feel the trip is financially justified LOL

"As for returning short term, i just cant see the non business owning residents of GA want to be overrun by visitors at this time."

So what. I brought my house and I pay all my taxes and community fees, the law allows me to travel to GA. If others, already in GA, don't want visitors then maybe they should move to a more isolated location. It is a bit rich to suggest that home owners should not visit their home for fear of upsetting a few Brits whom live there. Providing visitors obey the local rules how can the virus discriminate against visitors  I am sure the virus does not select visitors to enjoy a free trip to Spain and once there jump ship onto locals. Life does need to continue with caution.

Derek
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2020, 13:57. »
Wow beach life I wonder how much your bill at the car park is going to be . I think if I was you I would claim the old lost my ticket scam and see what they charge you then !

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2020, 14:13. »
Hi Beachlife,

let us know what's it like out there , beaches, bars etc