Author Topic: Unlocking the lockdown  (Read 25106 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2020, 15:56. »
Will be returning from GA to UK in next couple of weeks, by car. Locked up since March 15th.

Do I wait for the U-Turn or do I apply for my Romanian fruit pickers badge now.

What a shambles.

Dave

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2020, 18:07. »
Anyone returning to U.K. Will now have 14 days quarantine from 8th June so get back quick if you're coming home!

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2020, 17:41. »
Spain have announced tourists can return to Spain from July as reported in el pais & BBC news. Not sure exact date in July or whether British will be allowed to travel by then.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 20:21. by Derek »

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2020, 07:57. »
Not sure if it’s worth rushing back to Spain until later in the year. With still many restrictions in place will be difficult to get a place on the beach or a place outside a restaurant. Will just be one big queue when the Spanish are on holiday in August. Are swimming pools planning on opening soon on the urbanization’s does anyone know ?

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2020, 10:32. »
Im not sure if the news on my tv is specific to me, but the daily facts both in the uk and spain whilst improving does not mean the pandemic is over. There has been no major advance in treatment, a vaccine is possible down the line. I understand people talking up the situation, from Oleary simplifying a flight with wear a mask, how on earth can  you from initially parking your car through check in, security, departure lounge, toilets, buses at both ends, border control, baggage retrieval, car hire bus or taxi. The tourist industry says its all back to a new normal. Now im no risk averse snowflake from the worried well department but 3 months ago we were panic buying and putting tape on the windows like the blitz, now were organising a curry in masa square. Maybe its me but i think its bonkers just bonkers, funnily enough thats what Oleary said but in another context.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2020, 12:23. »
Not sure if it’s worth rushing back to Spain until later in the year. With still many restrictions in place will be difficult to get a place on the beach or a place outside a restaurant. Will just be one big queue when the Spanish are on holiday in August. Are swimming pools planning on opening soon on the urbanization’s does anyone know ?

The pools on urbanisations are opening up in June but not sure how it will work, a friend sent us some of the rules like you must book a time, social distancing in pools etc. NOt sure how young kids are expected to do this, also on Costa del Sol they are talking about beach visits limited to 4 hours either morning or afternoon as some have said sounds like chaos!

With Italy, Spain etc opening borders I would assume RyanAir will fly and will say it's not our concern if you have to isolate in UK etc, flights are operating and therefore no refunds due!!

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2020, 14:53. »
https://mol.im/a/8352215

Nice to be popular, priority what ?

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2020, 15:07. »

The pools on urbanisations are opening up in June but not sure how it will work, a friend sent us some of the rules like you must book a time, social distancing in pools etc. NOt sure how young kids are expected to do this, also on Costa del Sol they are talking about beach visits limited to 4 hours either morning or afternoon as some have said sounds like chaos!

With Italy, Spain etc opening borders I would assume RyanAir will fly and will say it's not our concern if you have to isolate in UK etc, flights are operating and therefore no refunds due!!

Nothing at all will ever work with negativity. They are trying to save lives and whilst I do appreciate that the Spanish can never manage as well as us Brits we should at least support them in trying.

Derek

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2020, 15:12. »
Just a second thought on how badly the Spanish are controlling the pandemic their R rate is .2 and here in the UK we have a rate of between .7 and 1.

I think they have got to grips with the control very well after a bad start if you use our performance as a comparison.

Derek
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 15:13. by Derek »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2020, 15:56. »
100% with you there Derek in the comparison between Spain and the UK. I hope your good lady is feeling a lot better.

I can see over the coming days, weeks and months this unlocking the lockdown turning into another Brexit debate, heaven forbid with polarised views on both sides.

Can I ask that on the forum we follow the rules and keep it "clean"

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2020, 16:16. »
The difference this time John whilst the sides will be polarised, it will be a matter of choice for us all. I choose the low risk approach, others take the increased risk path as long as if and when they catch something they dont demand the services of the nhs then i wont mind in the slightest.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2020, 16:54. »
I’m with you Wilson I’m playing the long game here I don’t expect to visit Spain until back end of November at the earliest . To me it’s just not worth the risk I know other have their own agenda but I’m not doing 4 weeks quarantine for a weeks holiday especially to take an unnecessary risk.  If and when life returns to normal I’m happy to go but not in the short term on a potentially flying germ trap .

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2020, 17:58. »
I'm not going to Spain this summer, just not worth it, might drive down late September or even October, will be less people about and less chance of picking up the virus. I can understand the Spanish tourism authority wanting us Brits back though, I think we have a good relationship with Spain long may it last

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2020, 19:55. »
100% with you there Derek in the comparison between Spain and the UK. I hope your good lady is feeling a lot better.

I can see over the coming days, weeks and months this unlocking the lockdown turning into another Brexit debate, heaven forbid with polarised views on both sides.

Can I ask that on the forum we follow the rules and keep it "clean"

Regards all

John

Hi John. Yes she is improving by the day. The Doctor said it would take 3 to 4 weeks rest and it looks like the Doctor knew her stuff. To say she was sick when they took her away in that ambulance was an understatement but again the NHS provided the expertise and care in very difficult times and she is now well on the way to being back to normal. I know the strains on the NHS vary from one area to another but the Salisbury hospital could not be run any better.  On the lockdown it certainly looks like things are moving now and July looks like the target date for a trip to GA. Derek