Author Topic: Unlocking the lockdown  (Read 25148 times)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2020, 14:31. »
Wouldn't surprise me at all Bert.
I notice they've now taken all the Tuesday and Thursday flights off in July from BHX-ALC. We're seven weeks away from July and the rules are changing everyday. If my flights are not cancelled and I can get back into Spain I'm going.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2020, 15:11. »
Ryanair's schedule is subject to  two large conditions: “ to government restrictions on intra-EU flights being lifted, and effective public health measures being put in place at airports", hence my earlier comment.

I would not wish to be a passenger.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2020, 15:19. »
You have to hand it him he is a clever devious horrible bloke , who puts profit above all else . He will schedule  planes over the summer and not pull them even if they are empty that way he will not have to refund as he will have fulfilled his part of contract . Even if you cannot realistically fly because of 4 weeks total isolation he will say that your flight is available and therefore if you don’t want to travel then it’s your loss.  Brilliant and would not have expected anything else from Ryanair

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2020, 16:17. »
I've heard that renewals on Holiday Insurance are excluding Covid-19 as a valid claimable condition so think if you became seriously ill in Spain if you couldn't be treated under the EHIC agreement you could part with a lot of money for treatment. If airports start doing body temperature scans on people if you are suffering from the virus you would be turned away from the airport I should imagine.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2020, 16:23. »
John

Could you let me have the source of those conditions please. Want to hang onto them for when he puts a plane on (to save his money) and I am not able to enter spain due to their restrictions

Ryanair's schedule is subject to  two large conditions: “ to government restrictions on intra-EU flights being lifted, and effective public health measures being put in place at airports", hence my earlier comment.

I would not wish to be a passenger.

Regards all

John
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2020, 16:54. »
Here you go;

https://www.investegate.co.uk/ryanair-holdings-plc--rya-/rns/ryanair-to-restore-40--of-flights-from-1-july/202005120700025539M/

Regards all

John

PS If you need to enter quarantine in Spain thats not Ryanairs issue, thats your issue...quarantine may still exist when intra-EU flights are allowed.....as Boris says we have to rely on The Common Sense of the public.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 16:58. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2020, 17:15. »
Beach life the whole thing is a way to avoid refunding cash . If you already have a ticket booked on a flight that is not cancelled by Ryan Air then you have the choice to travel and suffer whatever restrictions are in place at either Airport or not travel . But he keeps the flight on the choice is yours so it simple travel and suffer whatever or don’t but it will be at your loss not his . It’s actually another piece of corrupt genius by O’Leary

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2020, 17:29. »
EU countries are looking at borders & travel according to BBC. As we know U.K., France & Ireland have agreed reciprocal travel arrangements and more may follow. Spain today saying expect quarantine until 30th June so summer is a possibility.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52644816

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2020, 19:09. »
Kevin’s
What route would you take to dive down, I’ve never driven but that’s what I was thinkOMG of doing
Channel tunnel / through France, possible stop over if hotels are open, any recommendations,

Thanks
Steve

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2020, 20:10. »
Hi Chris & Jackie.

Think its only going to apply to "Schengen" countries. Which obviously excludes the UK

EU countries are looking at borders & travel according to BBC. As we know U.K., France & Ireland have agreed reciprocal travel arrangements and more may follow. Spain today saying expect quarantine until 30th June so summer is a possibility.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52644816
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2020, 20:27. »
Just had on if EU senior ladies on talking about borders/travel who said trying to coordinate, France, Germany, Austria & Switzerland just announced common travel policy. So nothing to stop U.K. Residents going to France and then onto other countries and vice versa!

ALso the head of tourism for Balearic Islands was on saying Spain quarantine will only last as long as state of emergency i.e. 23rd May ! however it's also been mentioned you will have to book slots at pool, gym , restaurant etc, seems a complete shambles everywhere!!

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2020, 21:54. »
No idea about routes Steve, I've always wanted to do it by car and go across the Pyrenees, I've had friends do it and they stayed at some interesting places on the way, i'll try and get info and let you know.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2020, 22:13. »
We have done the trip a couple of times. Depends how much time you have. The cheapest route is channel tunnel down through France and into Spain but it’s a gruelling drive if you only have a couple of days to get there. We did it in two days but it was driving 10 hours a day. The easiest way is the Plymouth to Santander route then it’s a 6-7 hour drive to Alicante straight down towards Madrid and then Albacete then Alicante. This is what we are going to do next year we think.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2020, 00:21. »
We do the drive about four times a year (with pets so it's a bit of a trolley dash). Leave Manchester early Sunday arrive here early PM Wednesday. Return; leave here early Thursday arrive Manchester late Saturday.
Used to stay in hotels but now use mostly Airbnb and costs around £550 each way using motorway/ toll roads all the way.
Route is Manchester to Folkestone, tunnel to Calais then Rouen, Bordeaux, Irun, Pamplona, Zaragoza, Valencia, Alicante. It's about 8 / 9 hours drive a day so not too bad if you set your mind to it.
If you pm me I can give you a lot more info than I'm able to give here. Routes, accommodation etc
Dave

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2020, 07:21. »
I'm probably a bit older than many of you but it's a bit of a gruelling start to your break. Unless you live fairly close to Dover, I would recommend using the western routes. It's a less arduous route through France and you can do it in two days from Caen/St Malo/Roscoff. I'm fortunate as I only live ten minutes from Portsmouth ferry port and don't have to hack down through the UK before I even get started. Now that I have a motorhome, I can meander down taking as long as I want, stopping when and where I want. At least I could when we are allowed out to play again.