Author Topic: Unlocking the lockdown  (Read 25133 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2020, 09:40. »
https://mol.im/a/8310475

Really surprising to say the least

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2020, 11:22. »
Just as Spain does this. Written by Simon Calder who I do tend to trust, although he is only as good as the information he is given.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/coronavirus-spain-travel-quarantine-flights-holiday-a9509661.html

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2020, 11:23. »
......so for a weeks holiday you'll need to take 5 weeks off work.....two weeks quarantine on entering Spain, a week socialy distancing, and two weeks self isolation when you get back home.....sounds just perfect to me!!

I reckon 2020 is written off.

https://spaintoday.news/2020/05/12/government-imposes-a-14-day-quarantine-on-everyone-entering-spain/?fbclid=IwAR0iDIEgzn3jAuqlgeKGWUeOMo5NKJP9KHgZOm57k07U2NLmhvnTejfYQWQ

Regards all

John

Sorry Blue and white stripes, we posted within seconds of each other
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:25. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2020, 12:48. »
So - I'm confused as others must be, regardless of the quarantine rule conundrum - is spain "open" again from Friday of this week ? I thought only people with residencia were allowed in ?

(just asking for a friend)  8)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:50. by BeachLife »
BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2020, 13:08. »
Apology accepted John (although I think yours was the better of the two articles).
Five weeks doing nothing/ social distancing as pointed out by John is pretty much the norm for me now anyway so no change there.
Also Ryanair took all the June flights off their website a couple of days ago but have now added a few flights from the 24th onwards with a complete service from 1st July onwards.
Personally I don't think anyone has a clue what's going to happen.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2020, 14:29. »
So - I'm confused as others must be, regardless of the quarantine rule conundrum - is spain "open" again from Friday of this week ? I thought only people with residencia were allowed in ?

(just asking for a friend)  8)

I thought the same.

Mr Hancock has been making announcements this morning

BBC News - Foreign holiday season likely to be cancelled, says minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52632976

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2020, 15:13. »
According to el pais, the Spanish quarantine only lasts for nex t 2 weeks
https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-05-12/spain-to-introduce-14-day-quarantine-for-international-travelers.html

Very confusing, Michael oLeary was in Tv earlier, saying he expects EU to allow travel from July, regarding the UK quarantine he said well everyone will ignore that anyway so won't be a problem for holiday makers!!

He's probably got a valid point regarding brits sticking to 14 days quarantine!!!

Offline George Allen

Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2020, 17:20. »
Does the 14 day Quarantine extend to the Islands or is it just the mainland?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2020, 17:29. »
As they are not specifying - I would take it that its the Canaries and the Balearic islands as well
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2020, 08:36. »
https://mol.im/a/8313431

All has become clear as to why Ryanair is going to restart flights, thought it was strange!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2020, 09:45. »
The sad thing Kevin is that they will probably be full.
The folk on them will be the type who think they are immune from Covid 19.
They'll go abroad, complain non stop that it's not the same as last year, completely ignore any instructions about social distancing and they will be an embarrassment to our country.
When they get back home they will ignore any rules re self isolation.

We've all shared flights with folk like this and been glad to get off the aeroplane and away from them.

Regards all

John

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2020, 09:45. »
O'Leary didn't become a billionaire by luck!

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2020, 11:29. »
I'm not sure people will fly John,if you have to self isolate at your arrival in Spain and then when you return home it won't be worth it, think it's just an excercise by O'Leary to avoid refunds. I've taken the attitude that holidaying this year is a write off and next year I will be driving to GA if France and Spain open up. We are living in interesting times.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2020, 11:33. »
Just checked on our Governments COVID site at GOV.UK - which matches the data on the Spanish embassy site accurate today 13/05:

"Following further border restrictions, only Spanish citizens, those who are legally resident in Spain, frontier workers or those who can prove they need to enter Spain for essential reasons will be allowed to enter the country. Only green residency certificates will be accepted as proof of residency in Spain and British travellers who are not resident and/or not in possession of this certificate should not attempt to enter the country. Padron certificates, utility bills and property deeds will not be accepted by Spanish authorities as proof of residency."

I dont think MO'L will get away with laying on flights to a country that you can't disembark into.

BeachLife

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2020, 12:39. »
He's counting on passengers being sent back on arrival so he can charge them for altering their return flight dates.

Bert