Author Topic: Unlocking the lockdown  (Read 24813 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2020, 15:48. »
I think some people on here need to look at the video that’s on Facebook of the opening of the new bar in masa square. The Skippers  I’m sure the new owners haven’t just flown in thinking me me me. Not one staff member is wearing a mask, live music and dancing. And there is me thinking that my flying out to Spain this week is selfish and upsetting the locals. They seem to be breaking every rule in the book, but on here it’s us flying out to GA that seem to be in the wrong.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 16:36. by Sookie »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2020, 15:57. »
I saw that video Sookie and thought exactly the same..
...there were some large tables as well, although they could all be in the same family!!
I've seen a few photos that friends on Facebook have shared over recent weeks and I've cringed more than once.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2020, 22:40. »
I think some people on here need to look at the video that’s on Facebook of the opening of the new bar in masa square. The Skippers  I’m sure the new owners haven’t just flown in thinking me me me. Not one staff member is wearing a mask, live music and dancing. And there is me thinking that my flying out to Spain this week is selfish and upsetting the locals. They seem to be breaking every rule in the book, but on here it’s us flying out to GA that seem to be in the wrong.
Well if masa square and facebook are the benchmark in a global pandemic then thats all right. Please spare me this nonsense.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2020, 23:41. »
I don’t actually have Facebook. So please spare me your condescending replies.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 00:20. by Sookie »

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2020, 00:09. »
C'mon guys chill - we are on the same side here !!
BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2020, 07:54. »
Selfish or not - I'm finally coming out Wednesday. I'll obey all the rules but after 4 months I need my fix. Going to GA is probably safer than going to Leicester.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2020, 11:35. »
I don’t actually have Facebook. So please spare me your condescending replies.
Calm down dear, my comment was a general statement, please try and stay factual and try not to misrepresent posts.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2020, 12:52. »
Wilson you quoted my post so yes I will take it that it’s aimed at me. And your last post also aimed at me is patronising and some would say even sexist. 

So do me a favour and stop commenting on my posts if you think I can’t keep up.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:54. by Sookie »

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2020, 13:09. »
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2020, 13:26. »
Wilson you quoted my post so yes I will take it that it’s aimed at me. And your last post also aimed at me is patronising and some would say even sexist. 

So do me a favour and stop commenting on my posts if you think I can’t keep up.
Wilson is patronizing on every post he doesn't agree with, you have obviously gone to Spain which he thinks is selfish but most don't !!!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2020, 18:09. »
Wilson, I've removed your last post, I agree with Sookie and chris and jackie, you are overstepping the mark.

Derek, I have also removed your last post, we have never judged or commented on other members grammar, spelling or use of punctuation on this forum and we are not starting now.

Let's keep it clean, informative and friendly.

Regards all

John

PS Just a reminder from our rules;

We want to make GAsbags as enjoyable as possible for the majority of our members and become a great resource for information on this part of Spain that we all share a love of. We of course need rules to help keep things running smoothly and protect our broad range of users.  Here are a few key pointers to take into account when using the Forum. We have also adopted some simple posting guidelines to help you which can be viewed on the Site Admin section of the Forum.

Basically the most important thing to remember is to be kind and respectful to each other.

This is a privately owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of site resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. This isn’t a “freedom of speech site”, respect is the name of the game. Do not flame, hound, badger, disrespect, or taunt anyone on the forums. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it.
Any member not paying respect to other members or the rules of the Forum will have their membership terminated.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 18:17. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2020, 19:11. »
Thanks John .... the bickering and nastiness was getting a bit out of hand and you have rightly removed the offensive posts. I have decided to close this thread down.