Author Topic: Unlocking the lockdown  (Read 25162 times)

Offline Peter D

Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2020, 18:59. »
Hope you wear your mask On your bike mate

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2020, 19:13. »
I asked the requirements for a mask so i can go about daily life in GA without getting anything wrong and abide by the regulation in place. Nothing to do with not getting fined it’s called finding out and making sure I’m doing what’s asked.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2020, 19:21. »
and if every one did exactly that we would all be much safer.

Derek

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2020, 23:21. »
@Sookie - Purely out of interest. If there were no laws pertaining to mask wearing here whatsoever.... what would you do?

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2020, 23:29. »
Hi Derek,

After making the road journey to and from GA many times by car I take my hat off to you going by motorbike.

I hope you have a good trip, arrive safely and have a wonderful holiday.

Dave

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2020, 23:36. »
I wear one now when required. Do I like wearing them, no but I do and I will continue to do so.

We haven’t mixed with anyone other than family here. We haven’t been sunning ourselves on the beach and and won’t be when in Spain either, we have no plans to sit in masa square in the bars. To us it’s home from home so it’s a case of food shop then do what’s needed on the house, and believe me there is loads to do.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2020, 23:40. »
@Sooke.... what do you mean by required?

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2020, 23:44. »
Do you want me to actually post what required mean. As I’m sure at this point in time you would actually know.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2020, 14:24. »
https://mol.im/a/8482455

Bar prices higher

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2020, 14:59. »
Hi Kevin, all businesses will be looking at their pricing levels as a result of the extra cost of doing business to remain Covid safe....a big concern will be the reduction in capacity due to social distancing, customers of bars and restaurants would be naive not to expect some pretty chunky price increases, without them the businesses would no longer be viable.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 15:01. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2020, 19:27. »
Any well run business, which I suspect would exclude many in GA, would look at their margins on a regular basis anyway. The problem is if you price too high then customers will not buy and if you price too low then your giving it way. As punters become scarce prices will fall as businesses fight for the customer's cash. Working on John's principle a business raises his prices to cover the lower demand but the guy next door ,whom maybe is less savv, reduces his the result is the first guy has no customers and the idiot goes broke.

One thing for sure there will be many business closing as I think both in Spain and here in the UK you need deep pockets to survive. As the economic cycle turns the weaker businesses will go and the stronger ones will become even more profitable but many will not think is it worth the wait for it to recover.

Sorry but that is my take on it and I appreciate that my thoughts are somewhat negative but times are hard.

Derek
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 19:58. by Derek »

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2020, 11:38. »
Just a note on the so called reported 'Covid Tax'....shoddy reporting from the DM.....

This was reported a week or so ago in the Spanish press as a few unscrupulous bars in the south of Spain were trying to charge this.... they were subsequently reported to the Police who deemed it illegal and fined the bar owners. There has been quite large warnings in the Spanish press and online to say that if you are charged this at a bar/restaurant then to contact the police immediately and refuse to pay the 'surcharge'

Obviously if they raise the legitimate price of their food and drink that's another matter and you make your own decision as to whether to stay or go elsewhere.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2020, 11:57. »
My opinion is that anyone who through choice decides to visit GA or Bournemouth it matters not is being selfish. I perfectly understand the economic reasons, but feel that the infrastructure and residents should not be put under additional pressure in the short term. Let the new normal settle down, dont burst onto the locals with a make way im back attitude. I want to return this summer but have made the decision not to, sadly some including forum members take the attitude of thats good less crowding more room for me, if we all returned it would be chaos so that makes people selfish.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2020, 12:25. »
The problem is Wilson if the tourists don’t return this summer there will be nothing left to return to. We all know the businesses in GA make their money in the summer and will fold without tourists. Like you I have followed the rules to the letter but at some point given that all the experts agree this thing will be around for years we have to try and get back to normal, and that includes travel.
Spain will have a depression like the world has never seen if they don’t get some tourists in this year and that could lead to a worse scenario than the virus caused. Jobs ,poverty , disease , homelessness etc . It’s not a good choice but one that people will make for themselves.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Unlocking the lockdown
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2020, 21:15. »
The problem is Wilson if the tourists don’t return this summer there will be nothing left to return to. We all know the businesses in GA make their money in the summer and will fold without tourists. Like you I have followed the rules to the letter but at some point given that all the experts agree this thing will be around for years we have to try and get back to normal, and that includes travel.
Spain will have a depression like the world has never seen if they don’t get some tourists in this year and that could lead to a worse scenario than the virus caused. Jobs ,poverty , disease , homelessness etc . It’s not a good choice but one that people will make for themselves.
Totally agree, we've made the decision to support as many local businesses as we can back home and hopefully will be in GA in September to support businesses there to try & survive.
For some to call others selfish because they wish to travel is just pathetic, if some want to stay locked in their house that's their decision the same as for those who don't want to stay locked in.