Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30435 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2020, 19:19. »
Yes you are right John, we do avoid going close to anyone and keep the two metre social distancing, will avoid going together in future.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2020, 19:56. »
As well as the places previously mentioned that are doing home delivery the Azafran started last night. Open from 5pm to 10pm.

Also if you have run out of paint or DIY stuff Leroy Merlin have a telephone ordering service; go to  https://www.leroymerlin.es/ and click the New Telephone Service link. €9.95 delivery to GA from Alicante for small items.

Dave

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2020, 20:23. »
It certainly looks as if this lock down or a lesser lock down with last for most of this year. It must be a really big financial problem for those that rely on holiday letting to help pay the mortgage on their Spanish property. Many are being paid here in the UK only 80% of their wages. With a tight budget this will have a knock on effect with community fees not being paid etc. I assume that Spanish mortgages still have to be paid which might not be the case. One thing this has taught me is that life as it was should have been valued more.

I cleaned my bike today and put it back into the garage not knowing when I can use it again. I really think that the mental strain of this lock down will take its toll with many whom are worried about their jobs or businesses.I am personally lucky as I live in a rural area in the UK and can safely take our young dog out for walks and for the last four weeks others have helped by doing our shopping. In our case people in the village have really shown a desire to help those that might need such.

Age is indeed a strange thing and I say this because yesterday I reached the young age of 77 but in all honesty it is just a number and it is essential to leave getting old to others. It is nice when neighbours check that we are OK and whilst we are lucky and can manage please do make sure you check on any elderly neighbours just in case they are too proud or frighten to ask for help.

Derek

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Phillip

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2020, 20:54. »
Just seen in N332 Facebook that president has announced everyone will be allowed out for exercise/fresh air from 2nd May!

Offline Ron l

How serious is this?
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2020, 11:30. »

Dear owners:

We share the news of the ministerial order of Health Ministry which specifies the conditions to walk outside with children under 14 years.

What has to be taken into account?

From next Sunday, 26th April on, you may walk outside with children between Sam and 9pm. The walk lasts maximum 1 hour and a maximum distance of 1km from home.

Also, it is allowed a group of one adult and 3 children, leaving a minimal distance of 2m, if possible, with any other group walking around.

The person accompanying the children has to be adult and live with the girl or boy at the same home, or be an employee of the family at charge of the child. When the adult is not parent, guardian, healer, etc, they have to count with the previous authorisation of these.

Children with possible symptoms of Covid-19 may not leave home.

Also those who are under quarantine due to confirmed case of Covid-19 or are in quarantine period because they have been in contact with any person with symptoms or who has been diagnosed.

As administration of communities we would like to remind that it is still forbidden to use the common facilities of the urbanizations.

It is also forbidden to access children playgrounds or sports facilities. You may circulate on any road or public used space, including natural and authorised green areas, with the proviso to respect the maximum limit of 1km from the home of the minor.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2020, 09:51. »
FIVE DAYS WITHOUT DEATHS FROM CORONAVIRUS IN HOSPITALS OF ALICANTE, ELCHE AND TORREVIEJA

Hopefully a sign of success early days but gives hope.

Derek

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2020, 16:20. »
That’s great news, keeps us updated, hopefully book some flights to come out soon !!!

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2020, 07:38. »
That certainly sounds more encouraging than the inexorable rise in the death toll that we have in the UK, notwithstanding the endeavours of the politicians to put a positive spin on them with talk of flattened curves.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2020, 20:09. »
Jolly Roger are advertising on Facebook that they are reopening on 11th May so things must be improving!

not sure how the small bar will fit in with new guidelines, guess somewhere like Molly Malones with plenty of outside space will cope better.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2020, 21:17. »
There are so few people out in GA - I cant imagine that working to 30% capacity will be a problem for any bar
BeachLife

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2020, 00:07. »
It certainly looks as if this lock down or a lesser lock down with last for most of this year. It must be a really big financial problem for those that rely on holiday letting to help pay the mortgage on their Spanish property. Many are being paid here in the UK only 80% of their wages. With a tight budget this will have a knock on effect with community fees not being paid etc. I assume that Spanish mortgages still have to be paid which might not be the case. One thing this has taught me is that life as it was should have been valued more.

I cleaned my bike today and put it back into the garage not knowing when I can use it again. I really think that the mental strain of this lock down will take its toll with many whom are worried about their jobs or businesses.I am personally lucky as I live in a rural area in the UK and can safely take our young dog out for walks and for the last four weeks others have helped by doing our shopping. In our case people in the village have really shown a desire to help those that might need such.

Age is indeed a strange thing and I say this because yesterday I reached the young age of 77 but in all honesty it is just a number and it is essential to leave getting old to others. It is nice when neighbours check that we are OK and whilst we are lucky and can manage please do make sure you check on any elderly neighbours just in case they are too proud or frighten to ask for help.

Derek

Derek I remember 20 years ago a couple that were on our inspection trip were looking at buying an apartment, but they explained they would need to have it booked out for over 20 weeks a year to be able to afford it.

Well what was the point of having a property in Spain that they would not be able to use in the peak times and also the fact that booking it out for 20+ weeks was not achievable.

So I have never understood why people buy properties and then have to rely on rentals to be able to afford it, yes having a mortgage is one thing but if you can’t afford the mortgage payments and other bills associated with owning a property then maybe a foreign property is affordable, irrespective of the current issues.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2020, 07:00. »
When we rented ours out for a few years initially, occupancy worked out at about 10 or 11 weeks a year. The best we ever got was fifteen. Even then it only covered the annual running costs and the price of a couple of flights a year. It's never going to make you rich.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:02. by Tony Gillam »

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2020, 08:54. »
When we were on our inspection trip with Masa our rep gave us two good bits of advice
1) No matter how much you spend, you still get the same amount of sun,
2) Don't buy if you rely heavily on rental income because there are a lot more properties than punters for the majority of the year.
Good advice. We've never had, or needed a penny in rent from our place.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2020, 00:10. »
What an absolute worry my wife taken away this evening by Ambulance to a Coronavirus assessment ward at Salisbury hospital.  She hasn't left the house in seven weeks so hopefully the Doctor and ambulance crew have it wrong.

Waiting game now while she is checked out.

Derek