Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30437 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2020, 13:43. »
Thats terrible John - begs the question about forms of transmission. As you said, not a social mixer spent her time in the garden etc. How the heck did she catch it (admittedly to be confirmed but sounds like it) The worrying thing is that even sticking to the "rules" doesnt seem to work in a number of cases
BeachLife

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2020, 15:38. »
The virus is known to live on an hard surface for up to 72 hours. So signing for a delivery at your front door, being given cash after a purchase, shopping trolley,  filling the car up with fuel, touching a door knob, the list and possibilities are endless which is why we are advised to wash our hands as often as possible. The problem is that it is an invisible killer and its transmission is similar to the transmission  of harmful bacteria, to which we had to constantly guard against when I was in the dairy trade

Derek

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 15:51. by Derek »

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2020, 00:17. »
So the U.K. Government decided that it would allow people out for 1 form of exercise a day as park of the lockdown

Well funnily enough some selfish idiots have decided to totally abuse this and let’s be honest they are not exercising, they are meeting their mates,walking along sea fronts,and just walking round aimlessly risking others in the process.

What is difficult to understand Staying in means staying in

And just to rub peoples face in it they then post their pictures on here just to prove how selfish and ignorant they are.

Yes I appreciate that the lockdown is hard it is for everyone, but I can assure you that the poor people who have lost family members and friends including doctors and nurses are finding it a lot harder.

Maybe show some consideration for others and just Stay In

Trust me some don’t even get the chance to go out

🤬🤬🤬

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2020, 08:40. »
The hotels and B&B's in town have been saying that over the last few days they have receiving telephone calls and email requests for Easter bookings, that's Easter 2020.

The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common.

Stay safe

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2020, 11:37. »
Well said Ash and John H
And wishes for all for a healthy future to all, I have people in my family at high risk (as I know some of you have too) and it just infuriates me  to see how some people are behaving

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2020, 17:38. »
In the uk we live in a typical suburban area, not near a main road but at least 5 roads back, in a typical day once rush hour is over a couple of cars drive past every hour, the odd dog walker, mum with pushchair and occasional cyclist. Now we have not ventured over the threshold of our drive in 13 days, but its like piccadilly circus outside, constant cars driving past, everyone now seems into fitness with some lycra sights that would keep you up at night, streams of cyclists. What is it with human behaviour that when normally you dont give a rats ar*e, that as soon as your told you cant do something it suddenly becomes essential that you do it.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2020, 14:54. »
Wilson I can only assume that when the Olympics take place next year we will have 1000s of people that will be able to compete in a multitude of events because of the training that they are now doing in the lockdown.

These were the same people who spent hours in the pub or on their settee in front of the tv

The good thing now is that the NHS numbers for heart and blood pressure issues will be reduced due to their extreme fitness 🙄🙄

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2020, 15:24. »
Is this history repeating itself?

Interesting video on the Spanish flu 1918

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2020, 11:03. »
Irene &,I are in lockdown been here in our coral for 4 weeks no flights during April when u don't speak Spanish you feel trapped, the only good part is plenty of sunshine on our balcony and maxcoop is only 100 metres away.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2020, 17:50. »
Hi Ian

Surely if you are in lock down not speaking the local language does not really matter unless you are locked in with a Spanish speaking person  which could be fun. Any Brit's on holiday were clearly advised by our Government to return to the UK when rescue flights were available. I suppose if you actually live full time in Spain what a wonderful opportunity to learn Spanish as there must be some lessons to be had online.

It is a pain for us all but we are told it is necessary and whilst my neighbours  speak English (here in the UK) well some of them do, being in lock down we can't hold a conversation with them.

Derek

Offline Maricia

How serious is this?
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2020, 19:19. »
Irene &,I are in lockdown been here in our coral for 4 weeks no flights during April when u don't speak Spanish you feel trapped, the only good part is plenty of sunshine on our balcony and maxcoop is only 100 metres away.

Hi Ian,

We too are under lockdown with limited Spanish and finding it difficult to understand the Spanish media information sources. For information we have been having Spanish lessons for a number of years and can get by but still struggling to understand the Spanish news reporters,  so please do not feel isolated at this time.

BW

Maricia

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2020, 21:43. »
Have rebooked a free easyJet flight for may ,1st to Manchester it will probably be cancelled again fingers crossed
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2020, 16:00. »
For anyone struggling to follow the Spanish news, there are 2 excellent sources of information on the ongoing situation (both in English)

If you are on Facebook then https://www.facebook.com/DrivingSpain/ the other good source is https://english.elpais.com/

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2020, 14:04. »
Any sign of Spain relaxing the laws to allow some form of exercise/fresh air as the total lockdown doesn't seem to be working well?
Perhaps everyone cooped up in houses is actually helping virus spread in households plus it must be a nightmare with small children inside for so long.