Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30428 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2020, 14:06. »
The BHX website is still showing Ryanair shedules but everyone else is now cancelled.

With the FCO guidance now out about not travelling to Spain O'Leary must be getting desperate

Liverpool to Alicante on Tuesday morning can be had at £27.99
BeachLife

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2020, 14:08. »
Easyjet web site;

Spanish authorities have implemented strict travel restrictions for flights to, from and within Spain from Monday 16 March. As a result, we will be operating our normal schedule on Sunday 15 and Monday 16 March to try and allow as many people as possible to return home. However, flights from 17 March until 29 March will be cancelled and only a number of rescue flights will operate.

Bert

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2020, 15:01. »
Easyjet web site;

Spanish authorities have implemented strict travel restrictions for flights to, from and within Spain from Monday 16 March. As a result, we will be operating our normal schedule on Sunday 15 and Monday 16 March to try and allow as many people as possible to return home. However, flights from 17 March until 29 March will be cancelled and only a number of rescue flights will operate.

Bert

O'leary will carry on as long as possible

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2020, 16:21. »
Flew in to Alicante this morning 45 people on flight, all people returning home

Flights will continue until tomorrow then suspended until the 29th
There were two people on the flight who were on the Jet2 flight yesterday who as you can imagine, no reason why they returned the flight because today Jet2 planes were here having to pick UK bound travellers up.

Getting in training now for the 30 metre race in the supermarket tomorrow so can fill up my trolley with stuff that I won’t need but would hate to be left out 🤔😱

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2020, 16:33. »
Hi Ash - read the same, but what is the difference in Spain between 15th and 20th March ?

(as in why choose the 19th)

Flew in to Alicante this morning 45 people on flight, all people returning home

Flights will continue until tomorrow then suspended until the 29th
There were two people on the flight who were on the Jet2 flight yesterday who as you can imagine, no reason why they returned the flight because today Jet2 planes were here having to pick UK bound travellers up.

Getting in training now for the 30 metre race in the supermarket tomorrow so can fill up my trolley with stuff that I won’t need but would hate to be left out 🤔😱
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2020, 17:52. »
Are there any buses/taxis running to get people to supermarket, hospital or airports for flights home?

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2020, 18:32. »
Can still do Bristol to Alicante with Ryanair.
We are waiting for Brittany Ferries to cancel our sailing to Cherbourg. Been planning for years to drive through France then on to Spain, guess it won’t be happening this year. But to be honest I’d rather be home  here at the moment.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2020, 19:18. »
Beach life

Sorry you have lost me there

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2020, 20:03. »
I am thinking of lumping on that Liverpool flight at £28 and stocking the fridge up with ale and nibbles and being a recluse for 6 weeks.

Offline masmu

How serious is this?
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2020, 20:13. »
This has just been posted on the Trip Advisor Alicante Province Forum

HOSBEC, the accommodation trade association, has agreed that all tourist accommodations will close within 72 hrs.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2020, 20:44. »
Sorry - having re-read I can see why I lost you  (and probably everyone else)

Ryanair are only looking at cancelling flights between now and 19th March - Spain will surely be in the same lockdown condition on 20th as it will be on 19th March.

The date of 29th March for resumption of other carriers flights must be under some other assessment in spian that I have no idea about - can't seeing it being "cracked" by then

Beach life

Sorry you have lost me there
BeachLife

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2020, 20:49. »
Just to add - their (Ryanair's statment) only suspends flights to 19th - so it will all be OK on 20th ?

"....... Ryanair Group Airlines (including Buzz and Lauda) has been forced to severely reduce flights to/from Spain, the Balearic Islands and Canary Islands from 24:00 Sun 15 Mar until 24:00 Thurs 19 Mar....... "
BeachLife

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2020, 21:39. »
Just to add - their (Ryanair's statment) only suspends flights to 19th - so it will all be OK on 20th ?

"....... Ryanair Group Airlines (including Buzz and Lauda) has been forced to severely reduce flights to/from Spain, the Balearic Islands and Canary Islands from 24:00 Sun 15 Mar until 24:00 Thurs 19 Mar....... "

Still flight going to Alicante every day this week.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2020, 22:41. »
Amazing

Still flight going to Alicante every day this week.
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2020, 23:11. »
Well I assume Spanish people want to return for relatives and U.K. Peopl Want to get back so I think it's great that someone is keeping a route open.