Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30436 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2020, 11:39. »
Quick draw Hannon is the name!!

We've now cancelled two holidays, Majorca in May and Corfu in June......I just hope Mr O'Leary starts offering refunds.
#pigsmightfly

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2020, 11:57. »
TUI have cancelled flights to Alicante.

Bert

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2020, 12:19. »
Jet2 note
"In response to local measures introduced throughout Spain to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the closure of bars, restaurants, shops and activities including any water sports, we have taken the decision to cancel all flights to Mainland Spain, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands with immediate effect. We know these local measures will have a significant impact on our customers’ holidays which is why we have taken this decision.

We are contacting our customers who are currently in these destinations, and who are due to travel, to advise them of their options, so we urge customers not to call us.

This is a fast-moving and complex situation and we are reviewing our programme as a matter of urgency, so that we can fly customers back to the UK.

The health and safety of our customers is our number one priority, and we would like to thank our customers for their understanding"
BeachLife

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2020, 14:01. »
A rise of 1,500 cases in 24 hours in Spain. The forum member who pointed out to my post that "This is Spain not Italy" when the Spanish cases were at just 200. A bright spark there and for once I am sorry to be proved right. I have just been sent a video taken outside Mercadona this morning at 9.00am. You would not believe the size of the queue to get in and stock up.

Derek

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2020, 17:19. »
Hotting up unfortunately. Brittany ferries have cancelled my sailing for April 5th Plymouth to Santander.

I had already decided not to go but at least this should get my money back.

Derek

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2020, 19:53. »
Just seen a couple of YouTube videos from Benidorm.

Its quite bizarre - they have closed the beach so now everyone is closer together walking up and down the prom and sitting with their drink of choice (from the supermarkets) on the steps of their favorite closed bars !

They are making it worse by hemming the people in - not the biggest fan of Benidorm but it does have two massive beaches that people cold be safely distant (from each other) on. As it is now it looks like a human soup
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2020, 20:53. »
Jet2 may have stopped flying to the Costa Blanca but I've just seen a Ryanair Stansted to Alicante plane land on Flightradar 24.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2020, 22:08. »
I hear that Spain is in a lock down for 15 days. Anyone know if that means flights from the UK will be cancelled?

Derek

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2020, 02:19. »
Derek
All the Easyjet flights to Alicante went today
Have no idea why Jet2 didn’t
Horrendous for people who live in Spain
My flight is going this morning and I assume that all flights will cease after midnight tonight

Having seen and spoken to the staff in a supermarket today God help us all with the idiots and their panic buying
All deliveries are a normal so if people just continued shopping normally then we would not be seeing empty shelves everywhere
Some of the 24hr ones even had to close for staff safety because as new deliveries were arriving the public were fighting over them when they came on the shop floor
These individuals should be ashamed of themselves and god help the UK when the lockdown begins

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2020, 08:57. »
Unfortunately Ash you won't change peoples "survival" mode.
The supermarkets at home were rammed yesterday, I think that the news of unfolding events close to home in Europe made people realise the inevitable, it will happen here.
Last night's news of isolation for the over 80's will probably make matters even worse today.
I also sadly have to say that some peoples habit of not washing their hands after visiting rest rooms continues....morons.
Stay safe mate.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2020, 09:05. »
Very sad times. We are due out the first 2 weeks in June. Really hope things have calmed down by then.
I feel sorry for the bar and restaurant owners and their staff as this is going to be a nightmare few weeks.
My little mate Kika who owns the shop on the Carabassi strip will have to dip into his savings.

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2020, 09:20. »
Flights are currently still going to mainland Spain from Manchester and Liverpool.

Offline masmu

How serious is this?
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2020, 09:57. »
They are probably rescue flights Gordon
The Foreign Office is today advising against all travel to Spain.

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2020, 12:21. »
They are probably rescue flights Gordon
The Foreign Office is today advising against all travel to Spain.

No charter flights as far as I can tell. Also leaving Leeds/Bradford to Alicante.

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2020, 13:50. »
Liverpool to Alicante on Tuesday morning can be had at £27.99