Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30427 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2020, 21:52. »
I think any person not in there home country in the next few days might find themselves stuck. That might suit some people but with health services under extreme pressures countries may have to make difficult choices over who does and doesn’t get the few resources available. Whilst I seriously hope for the best, I also think it wise to prepare for the worst.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2020, 22:04. »
Life is obviously more valuable than money but the bars in GA were struggling to stay afloat anyway surely now people will stay safe at home.  (Home being either in Spain or their own country)

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2020, 12:08. »
Well WHO have stated on many occasions that travel bans don't work to stop spread but taking normal precautions as advised. Italy were the first to ban Chinese travelers and that didn't work, Trump banning Europeans won't work either.
So unless UK Gov or your win Government ban travel to Spain I will still be visiting.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2020, 13:07. »
It wont be long....

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

Sad days

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2020, 14:02. »
chris and jackie - Depending how old you are, and if you have any pre-existing conditions, you might want to check here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/ to try and calculate your odds of going back home after a couple of weeks in the sun.

Everyone here is being advised to stay indoors if possible, the selfishness of flying here, infecting yourselves quick smart (because it's likely more than 100k people are infected here already and currenty asymptomatic), is truly staggering. If you don't care about your own lives, then at least do your part to protect others and stay where you are.

If being a responsible citizen enough encouragement, then also consider than a great many people from (highly infected) Madrid are arriving in GA daily to hide in their apartments - a combination of selfishness on their part, and - in fairness - straight up fear of staying where they are.

Schools are closed, businesses are closed, shops are empty, and a great many people are self-isolating (like me) - Wake up guys!

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2020, 15:19. »
In the Mar Menor just now everyone has been told to self isolate, all bar, restaurants etc are closed and you can only leave the house to go to work, pharmacy or supermarket- police patrols are enforcing this....😳😳😳 this is due to the massive influx from Madrid..

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2020, 16:25. »
AS OF MIDNIGHT TONIGHT ALL BARS AND RESTAURANTS IN THE VALENCIAN REGION WILL BE CLOSED FOR 15 DAYS...

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2020, 16:28. »
chris and jackie - Depending how old you are, and if you have any pre-existing conditions, you might want to check here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/ to try and calculate your odds of going back home after a couple of weeks in the sun.

Everyone here is being advised to stay indoors if possible, the selfishness of flying here, infecting yourselves quick smart (because it's likely more than 100k people are infected here already and currenty asymptomatic), is truly staggering. If you don't care about your own lives, then at least do your part to protect others and stay where you are.

If being a responsible citizen enough encouragement, then also consider than a great many people from (highly infected) Madrid are arriving in GA daily to hide in their apartments - a combination of selfishness on their part, and - in fairness - straight up fear of staying where they are.

Schools are closed, businesses are closed, shops are empty, and a great many people are self-isolating (like me) - Wake up guys!

This post so right. The big headed approach and comments suggesting "I know best" and sod it if I kill an elderly person is really great. What an appalling attitude. Gaveteran is correct. The other poster should rethink the degree of arrogance shown by his comments.

Derek
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 16:30. by Derek »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2020, 17:57. »

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2020, 18:20. »
I’m surprised the Daily Fail hasn’t tried to blame it on the EU for trying to kill off the Brexiteers.
Graham

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2020, 19:13. »
I think the problem with lock down is that spread of disease such as this one reach a peak then disappear, with people not mixing it will still be there in the background and then when restrictions are lifted will run like wildfire, it could be over quickly without causing massive damage to economies or still reach a peak but over a longer period and cause even more damage to the economy as the problem will go on for much longer. I'm trying to go about normally with frequent hand washing and keeping a couple of metres away from other people if possible and hope for the best.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2020, 22:16. »
I am told that there is now a case in GA. The medical centre had to be evacuated this morning. The person with the virus was from Madrid.

Derek

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2020, 11:28. »
Just read that all Jet2 flights currently in route to all areas of Spain, The Canaries and Balearic Islands are turning round and heading back to the UK

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline masmu

How serious is this?
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2020, 11:29. »
Jet2 have now cancelled all flights to mainland Spain, Balearics and the Canary Islands with immediate effect!

Flights already in the air are turning around and flying back to the UK.

Offline masmu

How serious is this?
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2020, 11:30. »
You just beat me to it John