Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30099 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2020, 17:28. »
I've never seen so many guys washing their hands after using the gents in pubs, it must be the fear of picking up the virus, long may the habit persist.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2020, 19:34. »
What's it like in GA, are schools etc closed ? We were supposed to be going on a cruise but expecting it to be cancelled shortly and may come out to Spain for a few weeks😀

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2020, 15:55. »
At the moment GA is fully operational as usual - you wouldn't know Coronavirus was in Spain, however things may change over the coming weeks.......

Offline mikehoward

How serious is this?
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2020, 17:39. »
We were due out the end of March back at the end of April, but we have decided to stay at home. One I'd rather be in UK to support family, grandkids etc. in case parents get it,  but more importantly if it does peak with 20% off sick (and I can remember the Hong Kong flu) then how many flights will be operating, flight crew are the most likely to be off.

Offline Karenjack

How serious is this?
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2020, 18:07. »
How ridiculous, as if we are going to run out of anything that we can't do without. If everyone does as the government says and self isolates etc then we will be fine. It is scaremongering people like you who panic buy that cause problems

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2020, 18:11. »
The government aren't telling people to self-isolate, they aren't doing very much at all. In my opinion it's out of control in Spain now, and we are headed the same way as Italy in a matter of days.

Offline Karenjack

How serious is this?
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2020, 18:36. »
Have to say I am talking about the UK and would hope that Spain are doing the same. We are coming  back out next week and have no concerns.  The media have created this panic.  If everyone could just use a bit of common sense

Offline margate john

How serious is this?
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2020, 20:00. »
Looking forward to flying over with Easyjet from Gatwick tomorrow!  I reckon if you follow the common sense advice on cleanliness, etc., there's a good chance of avoiding it, and equally a very good chance of surviving if it is passed on to you! 

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2020, 20:39. »
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

In my opinion, people flying around from country to country in this climate without extremely good reason, are incredibly selfish. Apart from that, there's a very good chance than when Spain goes as high as Italy in the coming days/weeks you'll be here until the UK let's you back in.

Seen those people trapped in Rome whining and complaining? Silly aren't they? That might well be you in two weeks.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 10:04. »
I'm in absolute agreement with you gaveteran.
As I said earlier folks health, not just yours, what about those you come into contact with if you are a carrier,  is far more important than two weeks in the sunshine.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 10:10. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 12:49. »
Hi

I never though I would agree with John but he is in my view spot on with his very wise comments. Not only is your own health at risk but you could survive yourself but kill others. Also you could easily be in a situation where you are not allowed to return to the UK.

Yes we might be over reacting but once you have died or passed it on to others that is it.

Derek

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 15:31. »
Seems people in GA are stocking up Roger posted this on Facebook.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2020, 18:46. »
I was just reading through this post and saw the post that said Italy had 3,089 cases of covid 19 on the 4th March and a reply stated yes but thats Italy,not Spain so I looked up todays figures and now Spain has 3,059 cases of covid 19 with 86 current deaths, so we now match closely what Italy had only Eight days ago. 
This is how quickly this virus can move, Italy now has 12, 462 cases with 827 deaths.  This is the potential for Spain unless people take it seriously.

Todays figures for italy spain and UK just for comparison are

Italy
12, 462 cases with 827 deaths
Spain
3,059 cases with 86 deaths
U.K.
590 cases with 10 deaths

Offline Carolyn

How serious is this?
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2020, 20:24. »
The latest figures for Italy are now 15,113 cases and 1016 deaths.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2020, 20:54. »
They just closed the schools here, and Mercadona, as of this evening, is basically empty. Not a quails egg to be found (literally). I wasn't there, some friends were, I've been in quarantine for a week.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-03-12/basque-country-galicia-and-murcia-close-schools-in-bid-to-slow-coronavirus.html