Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30463 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2020, 00:21. »
Nightmare Derek hope it all turns out ok

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2020, 00:29. »
Bloody hell Derek, I can understand you worry, I pray that they are being over cautious.
As Spurs said what a nightmare, hope she's back home shortly

Regards

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2020, 00:41. »
I´m sure I speak for all the forum members in extending our support and best wishes at this difficult time.  We´re all praying for a happy outcome.  Stay strong.

Bert

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2020, 09:11. »
I really hope everything turns out well and your wife is home soon. Stay strong Derek.

Offline Mallard

How serious is this?
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2020, 09:18. »
Sorry to hear that.  My daughter is a physio there I’ve been locked in 7 weeks and had to miss her physio for my lung condition. She has even moved to live on her own in the city to protect the family. They are brilliant up there . Really hope it’s a false alarm and very best wishes.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2020, 09:32. »
Many thanks all.

The ambulance team told me to phone after four hours which I did. I asked if she was negative but was told the results will not be known for three days. They have admitted her and are going to do further tests this morning. She had been unwell for over a week and she is normally very active and never goes to the Doctors.  I insisted last Monday she contacted the Doctor whom gave a consultation on the phone. On Wednesday I was concerned her condition was worsening so I phone again only to have the same consultation over the phone. Yesterday evening I was getting concerned so I phoned 111 and they sent a Doctor around to check her out. He said she had a temperature and her oxygen level who low and he would arrange for an ambulance to take her into hospital for tests. When the paramedics arrived and did further tests they said she had several of the Coronavirus symptoms and that was why the Doctor had arranged to have her taken to hospital.

It was the time the whole road was clapping for the NHS and we had to go one better with an ambulance parked outside etc. Although she is obviously unwell (sick) I cannot believe she has the coronavirus as she hasn't left our house for seven weeks unless I have picked it up as a carrier but not actually had any ill effect. I have felt 100% since the virus first emerged.

At least she is in the right place and hopefully they will find out why she is feeling so ill and her oxygen level was low etc.

Derek

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2020, 10:38. »
Thoughts are with you and your wife. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2020, 13:32. »
We sincerely hope your wife recovers quickly Derek, a very worrying time.

Offline masmu

How serious is this?
« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2020, 14:02. »
I would like to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery for you wife

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2020, 14:57. »
Worrying times, hope everything will be ok

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2020, 22:39. »
My thoughts are with you. If she's been home all that time I am confident it's a false alarm! Stay strong.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2020, 14:02. »
Hi Everyone

Update I have just received a call from the Doctor who is treating her at Salisbury Hospital The test results have come back negative and they think she has pneumonia which she has responded well to the treatment. She is eating and off oxygen and likely to come home today. What a relief for one moment I thought I was going to run out of clean plates etc and actually have  do the washing up myself.

Thanks again for the kind comments given.

Derek

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2020, 14:10. »
Great news.  Hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

Bert

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2020, 14:19. »
Excellent news Derek,.

Take care

Regards

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2020, 15:29. »
Great news Derek!