Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30095 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 11:03. »
Hi Ash

It is really a worry. I have already decided not to fly out on the 17th of this month as there is not a lot to lose on the already paid for Rynair flights.

However I have booked both the ferry and cabin for the 5th April to Spain when I plan to ride over to GA on my motorbike. I am 77 years old in a months time but I consider myself very fit and active. Is the risk worth it I wonder on the ferry and hotels across Spain. What if the ferry is not allowed to disembark like some cruise liners. I expect a lot of people in my age group or older are very worried about this.

Derek

Offline angieanded

How serious is this?
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 16:48. »
hello just saying 42 more cases of covid19 in the uk they now say those that have it are travellers bringing it into the uk i dont know how or why are they being let in 

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 16:59. »
I suppose anyone that moves from a to b is a traveller. Just imagine going from the UK to Spain or Italy and then not being allowed back into your own country when you return.

So I suppose the comment about letting them back in surely they (The government) have no choice if your a Brit.

Derek

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 17:23. »
Flew into Alicante again this morning am travelling every 3/4 days see no reason to change at the moment
Don’t understand the panic 1000s every year die in the U.K. from flu and we don’t have this hysteria

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 21:13. »
Was there less people on the plane than normal? Also were any wearing face masks?

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 23:03. »
Derek
Flight was full like all have been and not one person wearing a face mask
People just need to take a sensible and rational approach

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 11:44. »
Thanks Ash

Derek

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
How serious is this?
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 16:28. »
We left Alicante airport this morning - it was heaving. I don't know if this is the norm as we usually leave on a Monday.  Our flight to Southend was full and only two passengers were wearing masks and they were Chinese.

The Chinese shop by The Sabadell was selling masks for 2 euros each and
there were plenty of toilet rolls in GA if anyone is interested :)
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 17:48. »
Also flew in to Southend this morning
Had to laugh at two idiots who had masks round their necks who then put them on for the flight and as soon as we landed took them off again, the stupidity beggars belief
😱😱😂😂

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 21:39. »
I think the important thing for us "Boomers" as the youngsters call us, is to carry on behaving as selfishly and irresponsibly as we possibly can.

I for one intend to fly backwards and forwards from the UK on a whim, just for the fun of it, or because I fancy a weekend in the sun... laughing in the face of what is clearly a global pandemic. If more people have the virus in the UK than Spain, it'll be even more amusing as I demonstrate that flying from higher risk areas to lower risk areas is a reasonable and responsible thing to do.

I'll laugh and scoff and people wearing face-masks, tell them they are all panicking snowflakes and do as I please as long as it suits me :)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 21:54. »
"If more people have the virus in the UK than Spain, it'll be even more amusing as I demonstrate that flying from higher risk areas to lower risk areas is a reasonable and responsible thing to do."

Surely the responsible thing to do is not to travel from high risk areas to low risk areas or maybe that would not be as funny.

Derek

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 22:03. by Derek »

Offline NickiH

How serious is this?
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2020, 07:16. »
Arrived yesterday from Bristol into Alicante. Flight was full and no one wore a mask. Admittedly I brought two in our case as a precaution  for the return flight in 3 weeks as we don’t know how this may turn out over that period of time. The only thing I probably did differently was not read the inflight magazines etc, it certainly wasn’t going to put me off my trip.

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
How serious is this?
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 23:36. »
Honest answers only Please....
Has anyone been stockpiling toilet rolls??? I of course have been looking at these people like they are crazy and if we do run out its because they have made us.....but.... now im thinking, what about if these crazy people do buy it all there will be none left for me..... so I honestly might go out and get some tomorrow ....just in case!!! :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 23:40. by Phillip »
Phillip

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2020, 10:14. »
Phillip my thoughts are, do I have complete faith in the government and other establishment authorities in a time of possible national crisis. Having worked within said organisations my personal answer is NO I don’t have faith or confidence. Therefore I will take full responsibility for myself and my family. Also bear in mind that many in the establishment were saying last year that if we left the eu, there would be food shortages etc and we would go to hell in a hand cart. Now the very same people are saying the opposite that it will all be fine. Quite frankly I don’t wouldn’t trust them to run a bath let alone a country. So we all make our own choices.