Author Topic: Health centre in GA  (Read 2272 times)

Offline NickiH

Health centre in GA
« on: June 05, 2019, 07:40. »
Luckily in 17 years of coming out to Spain we have never had to use the Health centre near the library. But we have my elderly father with us this time and he has developed a chest infection. We went over there the other day thinking we could see someone. It wasn’t busy 4 people waiting and the receptionist male there refused us an appointment or to see anyone and kept trying to direct us to Santa Pola. I asked if I could make an appointment for the following day and he said no they were too busy ! What sort of place is this ? I would have gone to the chemist and just bought antibiotics but think they have stopped supplying over the counter. So I take it even though we have the EU medical card we will have to go and pay privately at the other health centre. Has anyone else experienced this rudeness and bad service ?

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Health centre in GA
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 12:26. »
Hi Nicki

Very strange!  If you have the EHIC they MUST give you an appointment to see a doctor, however if it is an emergency then Santa Pola is your best bet. You cannot now buy antibiotics over the counter. Hope your Dad gets better soon.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Health centre in GA
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 14:23. »
It's the sort of place where - incredibly - you can't just walk into a doctors office, tell them they're not busy and demand an appointment "now or the next day". If it's non urgent then book an appointment at the earliest opportunity (or use the app), and if it is urgent go to Santa Pola where they were directing you, which is a ten minute drive! Had you driven to Santa Pola you'd already have the medications instead of whinging on here that the whole country isn't set up for your non-tax paying benefit.

Offline NickiH

Health centre in GA
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 17:46. »
Not a very nice comment Gaveteran. We went in the afternoon and didn’t realise that after 3pm you had to go to Santa Pola. However went back this morning and got an appointment and a prescription for my Dad. We would have gone to the private clinic if we couldn’t get an appointment today. Thank you to Alicante Holiday Villas for your helpful information

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Health centre in GA
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 21:00. »
haha the old "bait and switch". Yes, your comment was pure sweetness, I'm just nasty :) You complained about rudeness, bad service and "the place" in general. Now however you have realised it was your own fault, plus they very generously tended to you this morning. Are you more impressed with this place now?

Offline marcomarcos

Health centre in GA
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 17:13. »
@gaveteran could you post a link to download the app please?