Author Topic: Farmacia  (Read 1447 times)

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Farmacia
« on: May 17, 2019, 21:11. »
Went to the local Farmacia for a repeat prescription this week.  One item not available, asked to return in afternoon.  I did so and was told the medication wasn't available and it might be more than a month before they could supply it.
This was rather concerning as I need the pills daily.  So on the off chance  I tried another pharmacy, who provided the medication immediately!
Anyone else had this problem?

Bert

Offline jdr

Farmacia
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 13:17. »
Hi All
The staff in Pharmacia are super and always helpful, however in my "opinion" the fact that there is only one such outlet in GA, shows that there is a need for at least one more Pharmacia in GA especially in coming months.
 The GA centre is an obvious choice, or perhaps Carabassi centre, there is at least one other in both  El Altet & Les Arenels. The location of present Pharmacia was chosen several years ago when the medical centre was to built opposite ???.
 As has been raised on several sites previously the street its on Calle De Monte Santa Pola has many traffic problems, no parking, Market day issues, bus stops, and traffic to life resort which has an underground parking that is seldom used by passing patron due to Santara management charging to use, even paying guests.
Cheers  Jim

Offline Angiewheel1

Farmacia
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 12:08. »
I presume with the new 4 star Hotel under construction in Puerto Marino and a medical centre on the list then a Farmacia could well be on the cards in the GA Centre when the Hotel is opened

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Farmacia
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 15:05. »
In Spain, you can’t just open a pharmacy, in the same way as you can’t just open one in the uk. A licence needs to be issued to allow the opening.
In Spain, only individual pharmacists can own and run retail pharmacies. Retail pharmacies must be in possession of an authorisation granted by the appropriate authority in the autonomous region where the pharmacy is located, which is issued according to a quota system based on geographic location and population.
I know a few years ago pharmacy’s in Spain were having to wait months for the authorities to pay them for medicines they had dispensed, they also drastically reduced the tariff they paid, as in the UK, dramatically effecting the profitability of running a pharmacy

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 15:11. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Angiewheel1

Farmacia
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 21:20. »
I am sure that the Management of the new hotel and the GA Centre will have everything in hand

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk