Author Topic: Altomar 2 meeting sat 1december re painting  (Read 1659 times)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Altomar 2 meeting sat 1december re painting
« on: December 03, 2017, 18:51. »
I attended the meeting which was put on because of the dissent regarding the decision  for the community to take charge of the pAinting of the facades, particularly the way they have gone about it. the management company have said that it is because of a change in the law requiring them to take responsibility for the painting of the facades which are common areas and to be kept the same.

I was at the general meeting and was told that the amount they were going to take would be thirty euros per apartment, per trimester but in fact a lot of people have paid a lot more than this, some like myself, almost double.  This is because of the way these things are calculated. When the apartments were built, on each apartments completion an amount was entered into the deeds. This is turn relates to how much urbanisation fee and in turn also how much towards everything else that needs a payment will be worked out. This they call a quota, in the English translation this was translated as quote, (some English people behind me thought this meant it was literally just a quote and this is not the case) wrongly in my opinion as it was not a quote they were giving but a quotient, the method of working out what is paid and the more you paid for your place when it was first built, the more you will pay for your urb fees and also for anything else to be paid towards this appears to be the system.
Hence some people will be paying thirty euros per trimester under the current method and some will be paying double for the same paint job. Apparently this method of calculation cN be changed, it is not easy but it is not impossible were the words quoted at the meeting but it requires a vote and full agreement.
The result of the meeting seemed to be that nothing would change for the moment but all things raised, including the possibility of reducing the payments and extending the timescAle of the painting would be discussed at the next agm. Meanwhile a petition is going around to hold an extraordinary general meeting to discuss things earlier, we will have to wait and see how much success this has.
Also no company has yet been put forward or quoted for the work so I would say that any painting company out there who is able to put in a good quote for the painting of approximately eight hundred and fifty Facades should keep their eyes open and get in touch with gestifinc if they wish to quote. THe more competition for the quote the better price we will end up paying. The last thing that anyone wAnts to happen is for someone to get this job at an inflated rate because of lack of competition for the job as we will all pay more for that if this goes ahead.
I know this is long but I hope it explains the situation for some who may not know all the details.
Hazel

Offline NickiH

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 20:14. »
Hi
Was anything mentioned about the property owners who actually paint their own apartments regularly and therefore do not want to pay an extortionate amount when we can paint it ourselves for about 30 euros. The whole idea is absolutely ridiculous and we have told Gestifinc this. I understand that it would be beneficial for all the properties to look nicely painted and the same but the ones who are going to benefit are the ones who don’t pay their community fees anyway and will end up with nicely painted facades without paying a penny or euro. Would rather the money was spent on something more worthwhile. That’s my opinion anyway. Thank you for updating us  :)

Offline Russell

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 20:27. »
Hi Hazel
Very interesting post but unfortunately not uncommon.
My own company Protek,  not only manages but supplies quotation for maintenance work which includes this scope of work.
I shall monitor the process and look forward to supplying a quotation when the option arises.
Kind Regards
Russell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:58. »
Hi Sunseeker. Interesting point about the quotas. We are lucky in 3.2g phase - the first years AGM we had once the builder had left we made it a flat quota across our urb. It didn’t seem fair that the quota was paid by bloque - this could have meant as you say some identical properties paying twice the amount for their community fees. Common sense prevailed it can happen !

We have wrestled with the exterior / facade painting thing for a few years.  Ours needs doing I suppose, people have had a go over the years but lots have never got the wall colour quite right so the houses now look less near with odd slightly off colour themes.

However you can’t really mess up a  white  colour match as I’m Altomar I expect

BeachLife

Offline SueB

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 14:31. »
Thank you Hazel for the update regarding the meeting. 

We were not initially totally against the idea put forward as we have an upstairs end apartment and we have in the past paid for someone to paint the less accessible areas, with my husband, twice a year when we come over, constantly touching up the paintwork to ensure our place is kept respectable.  We can understand owners of ground floor properties might not be very enthusiastic of this going ahead as access is far easier so probably in a lot of cases they would prefer to do it themselves. What we would definitely be against is as mentioned above, for the owners of properties who constantly have large outstanding community fees against their properties to be included in this project.  The other thing we are not happy about is that our community charge in October was an extra 116 euros.  Is that additional amount to our normal community fees going to be included every three months for the remainder of the 12 months?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 14:33. by SueB »

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 16:36. »
Hi Sunseeker. Interesting point about the quotas. We are lucky in 3.2g phase - the first years AGM we had once the builder had left we made it a flat quota across our urb. It didn’t seem fair that the quota was paid by bloque - this could have meant as you say some identical properties paying twice the amount for their community fees. Common sense prevailed it can happen !

We have wrestled with the exterior / facade painting thing for a few years.  Ours needs doing I suppose, people have had a go over the years but lots have never got the wall colour quite right so the houses now look less near with odd slightly off colour themes.

However you can’t really mess up a  white  colour match as I’m Altomar I expect

Beachlife, you would be amazed at how many shades of white we currently have on Altomar 2

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 17:23. »
Thank you Hazel for the update regarding the meeting. 

We were not initially totally against the idea put forward as we have an upstairs end apartment and we have in the past paid for someone to paint the less accessible areas, with my husband, twice a year when we come over, constantly touching up the paintwork to ensure our place is kept respectable.  We can understand owners of ground floor properties might not be very enthusiastic of this going ahead as access is far easier so probably in a lot of cases they would prefer to do it themselves. What we would definitely be against is as mentioned above, for the owners of properties who constantly have large outstanding community fees against their properties to be included in this project.  The other thing we are not happy about is that our community charge in October was an extra 116 euros.  Is that additional amount to our normal community fees going to be included every three months for the remainder of the 12 months?
Sue, like you we have an upper end apartment which is a lot harder to paint than the one below us, so the concept of regular contracted maintenance is of interest to us but, like many others, we are not so happy with the cost allocation system nor the obvious benefit the habitual non payers will receive from this. I would be ok with it if our admin went after these people with a vengenance but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 19:26. »
Hi SueB

Our payment was the same, this extra payment consisted of two of the three annual trimestre payments which constitute the increase to pay for the painting there will be another payment added to urb bills in January. This would obviously be half of the extra amount you have paid this time as that was a double payment. We are the same as yourselves and have paid much more than the thirty euros per trimestre that we were told it would be in the agm, as I explained in my post. I think this needs to be challenged and myself and a friend have raised this issue and were told as in my post that it was set up this way at the point of building but is not impossible to change.
I think it ought to be voted on that their original quota system is changed to a system where everyone pays the same across the board and this should be set up from the lowest ‘quota’ which is the amount they use to calculate, i.e., that everyone should in fact pay only the thirty euros per trimestre that we were actually told about at the agm and not varying different amounts on some kind of percentage basis linked to original deeds. This can be changed but needs a vote in favour of this and this should be brought up at the next agm as the issue has been raised.
Hazel

Offline SueB

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 16:36. »
Thank goodness we are not expected to pay that amount again! 

We had heard that the apartments facing pool 1 were expected to pay extra and we could not understand why, but following your explanation we now know the reason.  It is certainly not a fair way of doing things and as I said before we are not happy about this so we will certainly be contacting the Administrators.

Sue

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 09:02. »

[/quote]Beachlife, you would be amazed at how many shades of white we currently have on Altomar 2

[/quote]

That's what you get when Procol Harum does the painting.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 10:18. »
Your problem now is that you need to change your constitution.  In order to do this you require a unanimous vote.  Good luck trying o get that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!