Poll

Brexit Poll - Stay In or Exit the EU

Stay in the EU.
19 (65.5%)
Exit the EU.
10 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Brexit....time to take action?  (Read 14363 times)

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Brexit....time to take action?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2016, 19:13. »
  Hi John
    Do you think we could start a poll on here in or out
    Muste

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 19:19. »
I'm not sure if the facility exists to do it in privacy, we'd all have to post our own opinion and hope that someone would keep score......unless Les knows how to facilitate it.
A couple of mates on Facebook have done polls today, both got 20 plus replies and it tots up c. 80% in favour of out.
After the last election you wonder at the relevance of polls!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

granalacant

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 19:28. »
strange. The German and French press are full since months asking WHEN finally the English will leave. Scotland is staying in any case, so get you passports ready ...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 20:27. »
OK, the poll is on so get voting. Each member gets one vote only but you are able to change your vote later on if you wish to.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2016, 20:35. »
Thanks Les

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2016, 22:14. »
All this recent negotiation is like playing poker, in the UKs case we have a hand worth 10 billion net which if we left the game this amount would still need to be found by the other players.
They dont like it up em !

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2016, 22:29. »
Well, the divisions have been drawn with various politicians stating their positions and I guess now the media will rise to a frenzy debating the pro and against positions.

Perhaps I am cynical, but I think the outcome will be shaped by the media. The BBC, Mail,  Times,Sun etc will have enormous power and will influence the outcome (scary that Rupert Murdoch is shaping our EU future)

I have been a member of the EU for most of my life following the 1975 referendum which was a positive 67 % involving a choice to stay with eight other countries - not even Spain was a member then - they joined in 1985.

The selfish view (and I admit its not taking everything into account) is what outcome is going to best for the Great Britain Ltd ? 

I am a way off retirement, my kids all have decent jobs in Manufacturing what is going to be best for the "middle" masses ?

I am expecting the jingoistic rhetoric to rise and rise at the expense of what really matters - our ability to be competitive as a exporter to Europe.

What next Boris Johnson as PM and Donald Trump as President ? - God help us !
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2016, 22:35. »
The nightmare scenario Boris as PM and Trump as president I don't think it could be more crazy !! Problem is us and the Americans and daft enough to put them in . Boris is everyone's favourite village idiot and what is Trump thinking about with that hair   Had no one got the guts to tell him he looks a twat

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2016, 22:49. »
"no one got the guts to tell him he looks a twat"

Who Boris or Trump ?? :o :o
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2016, 23:07. »
Donald Trump !!! I'm sure he must be bald and that is a very dodgy wig if not a trip to a decent barber would help his campaign

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2016, 07:29. »
Maybe he'll be hair today, gone tomorrow. The idea of a face-off between Trump and Kim Jong Il is rather disturbing.

Offline Lesue

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2016, 10:27. »
More like hair today goon tomorrow.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2016, 10:53. »
A look into the future????

A private jet arrives at Heathrow international airport and President Donald Trump strides to a waiting limousine which drives him to a warm and dignified reception from the Queen. From there, they are driven in a 1934 Bentley to the edge of central London where they change to a magnificent 17th century carriage hitched to six white horses.
They continue on towards Buckingham Palace waving to the thousands of cheering Britons; all is going well.
Suddenly, the right rear horse lets fly with the most horrendous earth-shattering fart ever heard in the British Empire . The fart shakes the coach. The smell is atrocious! Both passengers in the carriage must use perfume-dipped handkerchiefs over their noses, but the two do their best to ignore the incident.
The Queen turns to Trump saying, "Mr. Trump, please accept my regrets. I am sure you understand there are some things that even a Queen cannot control."
Trump, with his usual diplomatic aplomb replied, "Your Majesty, do not give the matter another thought.
Until you mentioned it, I thought it was one of the horses"

Regards all

John

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2016, 17:26. »
Thank you Les
  Mushte

granalacant

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2016, 21:58. »
sterling at a seven year low. Someone is voting already ...