Author Topic: Tres Besos  (Read 2698 times)

Offline denandrose

Tres Besos
« on: January 27, 2016, 19:53. »
Does anyone know if Tres Besos are closed for a holiday, we can' t seem to get an answer when we phone.
Thanks

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Tres Besos
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 20:22. »
Hi there, yes they are closed at the moment, they posted this a couple of weeks ago on Facebook

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline denandrose

Tres Besos
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 20:30. »
Thanks John.
We just wish that businesses and some of our favourite restaurants, would take into account that not everyone uses Facebook   ??? ???

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Tres Besos
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 20:36. »
I must admit I stayed away from it for years......I didn't really understand it, I associated it with the folk you see on Jeremy Kyle!!
I tested the water a couple of years ago and now see it in a different light.
It's a great source of information and a great way of keeping in touch with people and finding old friends.

Lots of the businesses in GA use it, as do local newspapers, residents and politicians

Regards all

John

Just to add, many members of this forum use it as well

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 20:46. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Tres Besos
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 21:27. »
haha just had to report that I opened this thread "Tres Besos", and assuming I'd seen the other comments skipped straight to the last. Try it. It's quite funny :) It wasn't until I got to "great source of information" that I wondered what had gone wrong :)

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Tres Besos
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 09:19. »
Facebook does tend to attract a lot of "I've just shampooed my hamster" type posts. As if anyone cares, part from the hamster perhaps.

Offline denandrose

Tres Besos
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 09:37. »
Totally agree. We prefer to contact family and friends through FaceTime, Skype, e-mail, telephone, and that old fashioned method... A letter, but yes that does cost a few pence/euros !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Tres Besos
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 09:55. »
You obviously don't understand Facebook

You contact/communicate with groups of people on Facebook

You choose who you want to follow.
Posts about what's going on/asking questions about GA generate far more comments than similar posts on here.

Ask why businesses such as Tres Besos choose to communicate on Facebook and not on here......

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:00. by John Hannon »

Offline denandrose

Tres Besos
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 10:03. »
No John,we do understand Facebook, our daughter  and some if our friends use it all the time, it's just that we prefer the other methods as we think they are more personal, each to his own as they say.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Tres Besos
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 10:35. »
Just as on this forum the vast majority of Facebook members never communicate anything
They just use it as a source of information
I have friends in GA who never post on Facebook, or on here, but they have ticked and followed all the businesses in GA so they know what's going on

Regards all

John

Offline margate john

Tres Besos
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 18:00. »
This thread reminds me of the good old days of the last forum, involving some long since departed posters!   Oh, and I understand that Tres Besos reopens on 3rd.Feb!

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Tres Besos
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 20:33. »
Oh those long lost days when some threads ran for weeks with lively debate and opinions, its alright having informative topics but they fizzle out quite quickly.
They dont like it up em !