Author Topic: Looks like people are waking up!!  (Read 3508 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Looks like people are waking up!!
« on: January 22, 2016, 19:35. »
From an article in Periodico Santa Pola, excuse the translation, it looks like the team in the Town Hall have at last woken up and realised we are here;
"Gran Alacant is not Santa Pola, is what will end up listening to the corridors of people in Gran Alacant whether to continue with the policy of neglect and abandonment which has been subjected to this neighborhood from birth," said the mayor of C's at City Hall, Eva Mora.
"Some of the problems are beyond the area of ​​municipal powers, such as the lack of schools and the state of Russian Vicenta, which could easily be attributed to the ineptitude of the previous, more concerned about regional government and urban plots macroprojects to improve the socio-economic situation, "Mora added.
Similarly, from the orange training they have wanted to remember that "there are numerous deficiencies that have not been resolved by the government team and we believe that should be a priority, since the inhabitants of Gran Alacant are full members of our town and They have exactly the same rights as others. Rights such as healthcare, security or the maintenance and sanitation of the streets, which must be duly guaranteed by the city and, today, they are not. "
Similarly, the Coordinator of the Association, José Ramón García has described the situation of the neighborhood as "complete and utter neglect by the municipality. With sidewalks unfinished solar and weeds that thrive in cats, mosquitoes, cockroaches and other circumstantial inhabitants as annoying procesionaria, on which we know that it is acting, although it seems that this year we will have the same problem as above ".

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kira

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 20:20. »
considering the amount of money we contribute it would be nice to see some of this!!

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 23:13. »
John
What is incredible is the amount of money that is collected from the residents of GA by Santa Pola.

When you think that a large number of home owners in GA only spend a few weeks in GA but are paying the SUMA and all the other taxes then Santa Pola does pretty well out of GA.

GA does not even have there own councillor now(although the last won was pretty ineffective)

It is time the people of GA were recognised for the contribution they have made to Santa Pola because without them Santa Pola would probably struggle financially.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 23:23. »
Agreed on both counts Ash
Loretta said a lot but achieved little for GA
It's about time some money started flowing back

Hope all's well.......and that you're looking after that holiday water

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 22:46. »
I agree with both, the revenue from GA residents must be pretty substantial yet we dont see all the benefits.As for Lorretta i do recall she was next to useless but heavily supported by some elements in GA who supported and promoted relentlessly despite constant empty promises.
They dont like it up em !

Offline denandrose

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 23:57. »
Don't be so quick to. Knock Loretta, we had a problem that Loretta said she really could not deal with as we were in an Urbinisation that was private. But she managed to go " round  the houses " to resolve it.
This year the new councillors didn't even put the Christmas lights up. They were normally on the roundabout near the post office, very bad show not a light in sight, very bad really.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 08:05. »
Im sure there a lenghty list of wonderful things Loretta achieved whilst in office.That were completed on schedule within budget and have proved to be money well spent. Sadly i cant remember a thing that fits the above. I wait to be enlightened

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 09:57. »
Feel you have to ask a question of yourself before commenting.
Who did I vote for in the local elections???????

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 15:37. »
If ever we need to find someone to sort out a late  opening over budget market, or a hugely expensive roundabout where the fountains are always defective then we will know where to go

And God help you (excuse the pun) if you have a bit of spare land in front of your dream house because you could end up with a church there because the previous location was not suitable (apparently)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 22:01. »
Hmmmm the Lorretta fan club seem oddly quiet, maybe the list of wonderful achievements is still be compiled.

granalacant

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 10:55. »
a bit unfair, and I was not and am not a fan of hers.
new brooms etc. - now except criticizing, what has the new local government already done?
and yes ... for whom did YOU vote??????
I know for whom I voted   :-)

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 10:58. »
I think as they saying goes

Actions speak louder than words
and I think most people will agree there were a lot of words and not many actions

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 13:05. »
She posed for quite a lot of photos as well Ash, lovely pose I always thought

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 19:33. »
Think me and you in Lycra would have got a few votes

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 20:32. »
I was rather hoping you'd get dressed up in Miguels jeans and blazer.....did you ever see him in anything else?