Author Topic: Living in gran alacant  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Beckyleigh

Living in gran alacant
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:41. »
Hi. Not sure if anyone can help me out... I'm new to this site so I'm not sure how everything works. But I moved to gran alacant just before Christmas with my partner and 2 year old little boy. My partner works Sunday-Thursday so things can get abit isolating with not really knowing anyone here. I was wondering if there are any play groups that I could  attend to meet the local people or if there are any other mums that would like to meet up. Thankyou for reading

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
Living in gran alacant
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 10:33. »
Hi

Welcome to Paradise

A couple of places I would recommend to get to know folks if you have a child

If you go for coffee at Sez Adu  opposite the school in the morning at 9 am ish the place is full of Spanish / english and others after dropping kids off.  Have a word with Manoli the owner and I am sure she will  introduce you to the English speaking people.

Also the kids nursery at the GA centre is good start for people like yourself.

Good Luck

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Living in gran alacant
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:44. »
The kids nursery Chiqutin is superb so I hear, and much cheaper than comparable places in  the UK. I imagine it'd be a great place to meet other parents. There are also "ball parks" here there and everywhere.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Living in gran alacant
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:48. »
Hi don't know whether you live 'up or down the hill' but there is also a nursery up the hill in the gran alacant flats urbanisation, and Julie who is in bar Sioux has a toddler and Rachel and Kirsty who have la piedra also have children, though at school now, so they might know what's on where, good luck with the new life in the sun.

Offline Beckyleigh

Living in gran alacant
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 12:25. »
Thankyou all for your replies! I will definitely have a look into things! It's given me a step in the right direction!

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Living in gran alacant
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 14:43. »
Hi Becky

Welcome to Gran Alacant! Another place that may be useful for you is Once Upon A Time at the 'top of the hill'.

They have Mums in there and there is also a ballpark and activities for your son!

Not sure if they have a website but their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/onceuponatime.granalacant/  :D

Offline Beckyleigh

Living in gran alacant
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 19:11. »
Thankyou I'll check that out aswell!