Author Topic: Satellite Socket Serenas Monte y Mar  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Chris C

Satellite Socket Serenas Monte y Mar
« on: January 05, 2016, 19:06. »
Noticed there is a satellite socket next to the normal aerial socket in living room and master bedroom. If I bring a freesat decoder out from uk will that work or is it set up for sky?

Regards,

Chris

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 20:15. »
Don't think so if it's like the rest of monte mar it's not connected to anything you need a dish put up or see if your community is on grannet fibre or go with gatv or dignova for a micro wave system

Offline Diginova

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 22:39. »
Normally in Spain that socket should be prepare for a satellite signal after year 2011., that satellite signal is for canal digital spain. (Astra 19° east. If your house was building before that year. the socket is prepared for radio signal (FM).
In serena gran net has a fiber optic dish...I dont know how is it working at the moment, cause I'm fiting satellite dishes for freesat in that comunity for individual houses. This dishes can get the sky signal but you need a box that opened or a sky box with suscriptor.
Feel free to make any question regards

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 10:08. »
British freeview does not work in Spain, freesat does but you need a dish and a decoder. Connecting to spanish satellite television may get you BBC world news and Sky news but probably no other English channels.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:22. »
i had a tv installed in the main bedroom connected to the ariel socket, this gives me spanish tv however you can convert some progs to english. It's ideal for watching euro football. I assume that the signal comes from the communal ariel mast. Euronics fitted it to the wall for me.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Chris C

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 21:33. »
Thanks for the replies everyone. I thought it was too simple to be just a case that there was a communal satalite dish and it would be 'plug and play'. Oh we'll never mind.....

I am in process of learning Spanish anyway so not hugely bothered about uk TV. Would just be good for news

Regards,

Chris