Author Topic: Whats On?  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Sandy

Whats On?
« on: January 06, 2016, 19:17. »
I live in Santa Pola and in these long hard (!) winter months I'm looking for some social activities to do.... meetings, clubs, get togethers, walks.....anything considered! 
I've looked on the other forums here but nothing seems to be advertised recently.  Any suggestions, or suggestions of where these things would be advertised?  Gran Alacant library maybe?
Also, does anyone go to the cinema in Alicante to the live streaming of Operas?  I used to go in the UK but I don't have a car here and it's impossible to get back by bus, so I'd be happy to pay towards fuel costs.

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Whats On?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:08. »
The Life Resort at Gran Alacant have a few things but the best place is The Posh Club in The Marina, they have loads of activities, check it out.

Offline Maricia

Whats On?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 14:04. »
Hi Sandy,

a tip from me is to offer to help out for one/some of the charities (including the charity shops) as you will meet a number of different people and find out what is taking place locally.

BW

Maricia

Offline Slewey

Whats On?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:00. »
Sandy, I see you like Opera! I have not been to the live broadcasts in Spain either. But I would like to and I drive.

Do you sing? I am a member of two choirs, one chamber choir, the other sings popular songs/ musicals. If you are interested let me know. They are not in GA or Santa Pola, but I drive every week.

Also The local theatrical group GASP are always looking for new members!

Sue

Offline Sandy

Whats On?
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 15:00. »
I don't sing because it doesn't sound very nice!  But thanks for the offer.
The next live opera streaming is from the NY Met on 16th January , Bizet's The Pearl Fisher.  The details are on http://www.metopera.org/Season/In-Cinemas/ where you'll find all of their  live streamings.  I've been to one in Alicante before.
Let me know if you'd like to go to this one or any others.
Anybody else interested?