Author Topic: CRAZY  (Read 10867 times)

Offline Philndeb

CRAZY
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 10:35. »
Maybe they should play the "Happy" song ;)

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
CRAZY
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 11:17. »
I love the music,it must be great  for kids to go to school singing Happy.
  As some comments about us mad brits living down there, well I do and bought my house many moons before any school was built . The original plan said it was council owned open space and would remain so. The fact is the school has probably kept the standards of the area up as in the council pressure washing foot ways, fancy roundabouts,house prices
 etc .
I must say as i drive round other areas some of them look like dumping grounds for rubbish.
They did extend the parking area at the school but as in the UK and everywhere else in the world people will always want to park at the front door.
It will interesting to see when the new school is finished opposite the chemist how the residents up there react.

Offline Philndeb

CRAZY
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 22:18. »
Its a one way street so will probably be a nightmare.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 22:03. »
Not seen that beautiful gate closed yet? When are you crazy guys gonna shut out Ambulances and Amazon? :)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 22:25. »
20th January apparently, then we keep the plebs out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 23:49. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 07:56. »
From the bumph I got from the Administrators, there appears there might be a challenge over the legality as it seems the Phase 3 community rejected it outright.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 12:52. »
That sounds like fun developing!

I've lived on two gated communities here while our home was being finished. Gran Vista and Montefaro, both, in my opinion, a complete nightmare. It provided zero extra security. People would just sit outside the gate for five minutes and drive in and out. The guard had no legal rights to do anything at all, and after a while just gave up and watched TV - and collected more community funds.

It did though provide 100% more hassle, from friends and relatives unable to get in, constant mechanical breakdowns (people getting locked in when trying to get to work was particularly amusing), ambulance sirens at the gate, parcels from Amazon and wherever lobbed on the top grass, people trudging up the road hoping taxis would wait outside, or waiting themselves at 5am scared to miss them, just a complete inconvenience. And really to stop what?

I won't go into the incredible security failings at Montefaro in case I give anyone ideas, but suffice to say, that gate and guard (before they laid him of without replacement, after building an expensive outbuilding for him) was like putting lipstick on a pig.

Is there an upside I am missing? perhaps the ability to put "gated community" on the sales poster helps? No idea.

I suppose in this instance it stops parents parking for ten minutes, so tally ho.

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

CRAZY
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 13:11. »
If you would like to park outside cafe Sezadu, just pull up in front of the barrier, toot your horn, and the cafe will press the buzzer to let you in

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
CRAZY
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 14:26. »
Sorted !!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 21:54. »
Secure!! ;)

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 08:14. »
The barrier is about controlling the terrific flow through the community. It's hardly a security barrier.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 08:44. »
Spot on Tony

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

CRAZY
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 12:28. »
Suppose the same traffic as always will go through if the cafe open the barrier

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 13:04. »
You little rebel you.
Why don't we divert all the traffic past your house and send all the parents picking up the kids down your street?

CRAZY
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2016, 14:15. »
It was a perfectly correct reason to gate an urbanisation and I am certainly not against that

Presumably the urb voted on it and made a democratic decision

Just all about the cafe