Author Topic: CRAZY  (Read 10860 times)

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 13:27. »
To be fair, the school was built some years after many people bought their homes there.

Bert

Offline Maricia

CRAZY
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 14:00. »
The homes got there a few years before and I have noticed that the school has expanded a lot on the land behind.
BW
Maricia

Online kevinb

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 14:03. »
Like most others on this forum when we bought our houses there was no school also all the school run cars have no right to park on Calle Mensula its not a public road but owned by the Man Community so none of them have any right to complain if they can't park there

Offline Maricia

CRAZY
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 14:05. »
Who is Man Community and he must be very rich?
BW
Maricia

Online kevinb

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 15:54. »
For Man read Main

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 15:58. »
I feel sorry for anyone in the middle of Novamar waiting for deliveries, I can see major problems with lorries pulling into that bottle neck and just putting on their 'Spanish parking lights'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sunseeker

CRAZY
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 16:29. »
This discussion has reminded me of a very random question. Does anyone know why the school blasts out English 60s music (same songs each day when I was there) at the same time. From memory it was something like the searchers and that sort of stuff.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 16:33. »
They often play Northern Soul and Motown which puts a smile on my face, isn't it a modern day "school bell"

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 16:40. »
Only in GA could ex-pats buy a house right next to a school and then complain about cars for a few minutes during the school run.

Was the school built wehn all those crazy ex-pats bought their houses down there ?

8)
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 16:45. »
I dont think we crazy expats swung the vote Rich
This crazy expat has always been against the idea, in all fairness I'm not on one of the busy roads so I don't experience any problems.
When I look at the results of any voting that takes place I'm one of only a few members of the crazy gang who can be bothered to vote. The apathy always surprises me.
The voters tend to be the Spanish residents

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 16:48. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline sunseeker

CRAZY
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 16:55. »
They often play Northern Soul and Motown which puts a smile on my face, isn't it a modern day "school bell"

Regards all

John

Maybe they choose a different selection each week. These were played around 11am I thin so like you say, maybe to signal the end of playtime. Think it was Merseybeat week!

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 01:28. »
Think the whole thing has arisen as a result of Santa Pola failing to adopt the road, although I understand they have met a token amount of expense in maintenance & running cost.
You can see both sides for them.  They are still supposed to provide services, but their traditional revenue stream (licences for new housing builds) has gone out of the window.  Why adopt a road & incur the expense if you can avoid it?  They don't collect rates like the UK, so I can sympathise.
On the other hand, you have to feel for the communities involved, who may have thought twice before spending a fortune on gating if SP had played ball.
This may also explain (other thread) why they are tightening up on unlicenced work on individual properties.  There have been enough towns in Spain in recent years where the lights have been turned off through lack of money.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 07:42. »
I'm right next to the school which wasn't even there when I purchased. Some of those mums aren't too fussy in how they park either. One managed to reverse into my hire car just as I was walking back from the panaderia. Notwithstanding my remonstrations, she just shrugged and drove off. Fortunately I was able to effect a cosmetic repair before returning the car. Quite a number of them repair to Sezadu after dropping off their children, so they aren't all there for a few minutes. I know the problem that school run parking causes. I get caught up in it twice a week myself. It would be good if some of them learn't not to park slap bang in the middle of a two car space!

The music is somewhat intrusive as well. The volume is way OTT and the duration is excessive. If they wish to forgo the traditional bell, only a couple of bars of the music is needed not a complete symphony!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:47. by Tony Gillam »

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

CRAZY
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 10:02. »
The music can be annoying, we live near it. Will mention it at our next magazine meeting and see the response.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 13:56. »
We enjoy it!!
The Mrs and I play "name that tune" when it changes.
Last time we were out we had some Fontella Bass and the Adlibs, great stuff.
Perhaps if you dont like it, or think it too loud or long you should have a word with the school before you escalate it.

Regards all

John