Author Topic: Community Building Insurance at Alto Mar II  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Dorothy Moffitt

Community Building Insurance at Alto Mar II
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:54. »
I have heard that the community have building insurance on our homes in Altar Mar II...  can anyone confirm this please?

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:22. »
Not on Altomar 2 but on ours there is definately some insurance built into the community fee so I think it would be the same on yours it's for external damage I've leaking roof wind damage etc

Offline denandrose

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 12:05. »
Yes the Administrators have Building Insurance,  but as far as we know it only covers the exteriors, not contents.

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 16:42. »
I have heard that the community have building insurance on our homes in Altar Mar II...  can anyone confirm this please?
Yes call at Gestfink office they will tell you what is covered.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline SueB

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 12:10. »
We spoke to the Administrators few years ago and we were told that the houses on the community were insured but that not everything was covered. They did send us a copy of the policy at the time which on the surface seemed pretty comprehensive but when we spoke to the current Administrators we were told that for any problems an assessor would be sent out to see if we were covered by it. Apparently our structural problem is not covered. We have always taken out our own insurance as our broker told us that a community policy is usually pretty basic. (They did explain at the time but unfortunately I cannot remember the example they gave us. I suppose that could be just a marketing ploy!).

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 14:28. »
From what I understand of community policies it will not cover you for;
Any damage from an internal water leak, that's down to you
Any damage to doors, grills, windows in say a burglary
Any third party liability resulting from any incidents on your demise.

I did consider cancelling my Property and Contents Insurance and insuring just the Contents, after a wee bit of research I continued to insure everything

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."