Author Topic: Boardwalks in place  (Read 11160 times)

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2016, 10:49. »
Like us, John.
Nice to be in that happy retirement place where you choose when to holiday.
Heat & crowds in August?
No thanks!  I'd rather be stuck in a traffic jam in Cornwall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2016, 13:36. »
In answer to your question John. I thought it wasnt so good. As in a previous previous post, the beds were very late in coming down in any numbers this year and the Parres centre was not as well laid out and quite congested. The narrowing of the beach due to the planting spread everyone out a lot wider but I guess the only chore there was you had to walk a bit further to your "pitch".

The beach was typically "August busy" lots of families camped out for the day under big Marquees - Even our more preferred choice of Urbanova was packed and unless you were early cars were looking for parking on the main road to Alicante. I think (particularly in August) the Parres Centre end was more packed than usual as the Arenales developments just off the Island and going up the hill behind Arenales are now largely completed with a good few hundred more people walking down to the beach.

We were over again last weekend and Monday and I was expecting it to have thinned out a bit after Sunday but the August holiday exodus must be this weekend over there as it was still as packed as at the beginning of the month

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Offline Maricia

Boardwalks in place
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2016, 14:42. »
Whilst the beaches and coast traffic has been busy, Gran Alacant felt very quiet in August.

BW

Maricia

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2016, 14:52. »
There's a lot less people around this week than last as a lot of the Spanish have gone back to work, that's according to my Spanish neighbour. I wish I could have taken a whole month or more off from work!.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2016, 19:23. »
July and August, just like you Mike, no thank you!!
We stick to our little stretch of the Yorkshire Coast, which is gorgeous, pics attached
Good to hear people have been out enjoying the beaches Rich, we'll be down there in a couple of weeks.....with our own sun beds.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."