Author Topic: Boardwalks in place  (Read 11167 times)

Offline GA Advertiser

Boardwalks in place
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 14:21. »
You could contact Elche Council

Saw this morning that PERHAPS they are re locating the boardwalk

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 15:54. »
Isnt it being done to protect the dunes ecosytem?

Thats just it John - there has been no communication about that plan in any form of media
BeachLife

Offline GA Advertiser

Boardwalks in place
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 16:13. »
Has it been in the Spanish Informacion

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 17:04. »
Hi, I've read it a few times on various sites, all in Spanish, it does seem to be getting a lot of vocal support, including some who think it should go even further to protect the environment, a few people thought that parts of the beach should be closed for turtles to lay their eggs.
I also read this from mygranalacant.
http://www.mygranalacant.com/m-making-gran-alacant-carabassi-playa-211015/

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 18:39. »
a few people thought that parts of the beach should be closed for turtles to lay their eggs.

Dear God...probably people who live in Madrid. What bloody turtles anyway? We should find out who these tree-huggers are and then suggest we close down their businesses (and the beach is ours!) to protect moths or some such bunk.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 18:44. »
I'd say good on them, we need to start protecting our environment a lot more

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Gordon Davies

Boardwalks in place
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 20:43. »
Sorry John on this occasion i dissagree with you when i go to the beech i do like the fact it has vast open space thats the beauty of what i call our beach. I do not have a car and like to walk to the beech so i do think it,s a shame they ruin it by putting man made objects up to spoil the veiw

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 21:27. »
No probs there Gordon.
If a bit of fencing can help preserve what's there I'll give the fencing my vote 🏼

Regards all

John

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 09:42. »
I'm split here John. I too certainly don't want to see any building etc on the beach, just natural beauty for all to enjoy. That means us as well, in fact more than, turtles (in my opinion). But just what is this fencing supposed to be protecting? I am not being sarcastic...what is it's function? Surely not to stop people walking on the dunes which as far as I can see, they just don't do in any great numbers...they use the walkways. And besides, they look low enough to just step over, so what's being achieved?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 10:39. »
Ive no idea gaveteran.

I can only assume that the low fencing is there to trap the sand to start new "dune growth".........its a few years since o level geography!!

Regards all

John

Offline Gordon Davies

Boardwalks in place
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 19:27. »
Been down on the beech today and they seem to be doing 2 rows of these red twigs and planting some sort of plants between them which i guess will grow quite high

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 20:00. »
Hope they look after the plants better than they did the palms on the beach!

Bert

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 20:21. »
Maybe the twigs are there to protect new planting then, and hopefully when the new planting is established, the protective 'fences' will come down to allow more dunes to form around them.  It if helps preserve the beach for people and nature that's got to be a good end result hasn't it.  By the way I was disappointed not to see the turtles released on the carabassi this summer, the fact that they are returning to these areas seems to show improving health of the water and shores, if that makes me a tree hugger then I am, we all share this planet and surely there's room for us all.

Hazel

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 20:45. »
We can hug a tree together Hazel
100% with you re the turtles, would be an amazing sight

Regards all

John

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Boardwalks in place
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 21:24. »
Things are beginning to make sense. The fence may be just to short term protect new planting. Phew!

As for turtles, I think they are great too. I simply don't want sections of the beach shut to protect the "lesser spotted sand-skipper" :) Turtles would in themselves be a tourist attraction, and business in the area is what I am about.