Author Topic: Moderation  (Read 791 times)

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Moderation
« on: July 16, 2015, 21:45. »
Without consultation, I feel the need to comment re. moderation.
I have had comments regarding a post which, when I read the posts are certainly not entirely complimentary
I feel that the questionable post does not accord with my own experience, but is nonetheless probably a reflection of someone's experience.
If the forum is to have credibility, it needs to reflect all contributors comments with the proviso that they comply with forum rules.
Good service, bad service, both sets of opinions have value & help other members to formulate decisions regarding places they might like to visit, products they may wish to buy, what they might like to do etc.  Equally the opinions of others may deter taking up on certain options, but as long as no personal vendettas are carried out, & the posts (as far as can be determined) are objective, it's my opinion that no harm is done

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Moderation
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:14. »
Any opinion is, by its very nature, subjective rather than objective. When commenting on some service or other, the comments should try as far as possible to be factual rather than an opinion. The difference is between "The steak was horrible" and "the steak was hot/cold/burnt/raw" for instance. Particularly difficult when commenting on food rather than say, the work of an electrician. Remember what George Bernard Shaw said “Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.”  ;)