Author Topic: TV reception  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Davison

TV reception
« on: July 20, 2015, 21:16. »
Is anyone else getting bad or no  reception on certain UK channels?  Pixalates   or gives a code 14 or 36 no satalite signal just happened past week or so hope I don't have to ask engineers to re align Again
THANKS

Offline Gordon Davies

TV reception
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 22:37. »
Hi which company are you with please

Offline graham

TV reception
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 09:03. »
Apparently, sat 2g has been launched and switched on earlier this year, hence loss of most hd channels, and now they are 'working' on the signal and lots of channels are affected, all 5s, red button, bbc2 England, etc, according to Diginova. Also the weather conditions are having an adverse effect on reception.
Hope this helps.
Graham

Offline Davison

TV reception
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 14:01. »
Thank you I thought maybe the atmospheric pressure could have some influence  Euronics sent an engineer last time  new LNB and realign etc  there was a cost so cant keep having it done everytime bad reception cant get or bad picture on most of the channels mentioned by Graham.
Cheers.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
TV reception
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 20:06. »
Hmm was just thinking of putting up a 1 m dish and giving up gatv but now I'm not so sure again I've been burnt before

Does anyone know if the satellite is going to lose all the UK channels again ?

Offline burchd

TV reception
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 23:07. »
I have a 1.9m dish in GA and have no problems with reception from Astra 2G satellite.
The experts recommend a minimum of 1.4m  dish to receive  BBC,ITV ,C4..
This company has an excellent reputation and a great website to explore your options.
http://tvtech.sharepoint.com/Pages/home.aspx
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 23:15. by burchd »

Offline petercs

TV reception
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 07:27. »
Just returned from a 4 week stay in GA. Had a 1.4m dish fitted last year by Diginova. No problems with all BBC, ITV, 4 or 5

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
TV reception
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 17:45. »
Unfortunately I cannot fit a large dish like that  does anyone have a 1 m or 1.1 m dish how is that working