Author Topic: A Place in the Sun  (Read 599 times)

Offline masmu

A Place in the Sun
« on: February 10, 2023, 14:27. »
Did anyone catch Place in the Sun on Channel 4 yesterday?
The latest episode (filmed April 2022) was entitled Gran Alacant and the featured couple were introduced as looking for a property in Gran Alacant, near the beach.

So the first property they were taken to was in El Campello (a mere 22 miles away from GA).  The 2nd property was in inland Finestrat (only 38 miles from GA). So that part of the programme was a waste of time.

Then the very annoying presenter actually came up with 2 properties in Gran Alacant before whisking 'Jane & Neil' off to another house in Santa Pola.  They did make an offer on the 2nd GA house (Calle Creta) and thankfully the owner stuck out for the asking price.

Offline TRIDENT

A Place in the Sun
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 22:59. »
When we put our property up for sale last year we were asked if we wanted it to be featured on the program.After sleeping on the thought overnight i declined as i did not see any advantage to help the sale. We sold the day after it went on the market at the asking price. I remember at the time there were very few properties up for sale so the program would have had problems finding any to show.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
A Place in the Sun
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 11:44. »
Have watched a  place In the sun for 20years, something odd happened this week, the first property was the chosen one, also in one of the developments 3 people were swimming in the communal pool. Am amazed @ end of program that the buyers sip Orange juice whilst the courier phones the agent via the seller and agrees a price, & they never finish the orange juice,   ....IF ONLY that simple !

people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !