Author Topic: Chinese Shop  (Read 910 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« on: August 06, 2022, 16:02. »
Has the new Chinese Emporium near the new Aldi's opened yet ?

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 17:15. »
Gabe market / yes

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 07:52. »
Thanks Steve

Offline lesandtony

Chinese Shop
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 17:36. »
It sure has.  Give yourself a month to walk round looking screws ha ha

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 09:55. »
That doesn't bode well, I was overwhelmed by their last shop.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 22:16. »
They do an absolutely brilliant line of panthers now. Mirrored, bejeweled, furry, stone... it's quite panther-centric around the home ornamentation area. Hats of to them though. They have, in fairness, upgraded the whole "Chinese shop" concept, and the staff are much different than the you might have been used to. Prices are higher (people are whinging) but so is the quality. I think they are trying to (re)invent Walmart or Target here in Spain. The Spanish aren't doing it, so best of luck to them.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 10:10. »
What actually is / are the panthers ?

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 10:20. »
They are large members of the Big Cat family, native to Asia, Africa and the America. In this case ornamental versions. It simply amused me they'd bought so many versions from the wholesaler. There's even one five foot high near the entrance.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 12:58. »
Nice one, Gavetran😃

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Chinese Shop
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 23:01. »
I’ve been a critic of the old Gabe for many years, all a bit dubious, selling cheap tat. Now the new Gabe is in my initial visits slightly improved, the shop now stocks with the normal tat a good range of non tat items, the store is well laid out and organised, the best is that it now employs quite a number of uniformed Spanish staff albeit the “ family “ operate the tills with Mr Senior guarding the exit.
I will also add that we went there to look at beach chairs and umbrellas, the exact same chair in both Santa Pola and Arenales Spanish beach front shops were both €6 cheaper per chair than the Gabe and the WD40 was a Euro cheaper at the brico. The Gabe does now do receipts but you can’t see the screen whilst items are being scanned so at the end check your receipt
As an aside we were double scanned twice recently in Lidl so again check your receipt whilst in the shop.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 14:02. by wilson »