Author Topic: Stansted airport  (Read 774 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« on: May 31, 2022, 20:58. »
Has anyone flown from Stansted to Alicante this week ? We are flying out Monday and wondering how bad it's been, we are booked for fast track security so hoping it will be a bit easier.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 07:33. »
My son's at Stansted atm (6.30am) - said security was 'quite manic' but he's airside now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:14. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 08:26. »
Cheers B&W, I'm hoping come Monday what with half term over it will be a bit quieter.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 04:56. »
Today, arrived at Stansted Long stay car park at 03:00, long queue for the car park bus but got on the second one to pull up, very long queues in the terminal but we had fast track, we walked right pass the big queue to the front and then straight into the fast track, took just half an hour to get air side, best £14 we've ever spent.

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 10:12. »
We've got express for BHX next week. It's proved well worth the money in the past.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 12:47. »
Just an update on this morning, flight half hour delayed sitting in a queue of planes waiting to go, quite a queue for the passport egates but moved quickly was through in about twenty minutes, passport stamped promptly, got hire car really quickly and was at our house in minutes, 29° and blue skies. I would recommend using fast track security at Stansted and probably any other airport.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 17:34. »
Hi B&W - I am told that the fast-track lane at BHX has been removed - but need to check. I know you can no longer make actual booking for the fast track on the BHX airport web site but mine on Ryanair was part of the flight purchase so time ago.

Be interesting to know what you find 

BL

We've got express for BHX next week. It's proved well worth the money in the past.
BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2022, 18:34. »
Last Thursday (9/6/22) I booked return flights from BHX with Ryanair as two single flights. Booked Express Lane for trip out. Trip back I paid in euros with my Zero card and saved over £3 on a £22 flight.
Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022, 07:50. »
We booked fast track when we booked our flights, used Stansted Airport's website, they only allow a certain amount of fast track bookings a day, out of interest I tried to book fast track again three days before we flew, got a message " not available for this day" they'd obviously sold the quota.

• Galactic Member
Stansted airport
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 08:13. »
Flew in last night from BHX. Got to airport about 4.30 and the queues were 10 minutes long through security. Express Lane worked a treat. Usual amusement provided by people who don't understand 'liquid', 'paste' or '100ml'.