Author Topic: Cordoba  (Read 642 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Cordoba
« on: February 11, 2022, 20:39. »
Does anyone know if you can get a coach trip and stay over to Cordoba from the GA area ?

Offline Lolabunny

Cordoba
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 10:44. »
Hi Kevin, I have had a few emails recently from David’s coaches advertising lots of trips, not sure about Córdoba but it rings a bell.
They pick up usually in GA.
www.coachtripsonline.com

If you google Vivalia Travel in Torrevieja they also do the usual trips.....but nearest pick up is usually Quesada.
Hope that helps.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Cordoba
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 12:21. »
Thanks Lolabunny, will have a look, I've since found that you can get a bus from Alicante to Cordoba, takes eight hours! I might try the train from Alicante to Madrid and the on to Cordoba.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Cordoba
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 00:19. »
Thanks Lolabunny, will have a look, I've since found that you can get a bus from Alicante to Cordoba, takes eight hours! I might try the train from Alicante to Madrid and the on to Cordoba.

Good idea, but still a bit of a day trip each way, you would be wanting to stay a few nights maybe? There is a Parador in Córdoba ( modern one ) worth looking at and a short walk from the old town. The Mezquita is of course the star of the show but there is a lot more in the old town as well as the Roman bridge over the river. Take the AVE to Madrid and again on to Córdoba ( on the AVE route to Sevilla ), only way to travel IMHO - but check the connection timings. Travel Preferente and get lunch thrown in  :)
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Cordoba
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 06:30. »
Thanks for all the info.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Cordoba
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 20:31. »

Good idea, but still a bit of a day trip each way, you would be wanting to stay a few nights maybe? There is a Parador in Córdoba ( modern one ) worth looking at and a short walk from the old town. The Mezquita is of course the star of the show but there is a lot more in the old town as well as the Roman bridge over the river. Take the AVE to Madrid and again on to Córdoba ( on the AVE route to Sevilla ), only way to travel IMHO - but check the connection timings. Travel Preferente and get lunch thrown in  :)

Done the AVE to Madrid & Barcelona a few times on preferente & it’s a fabulous service & reasonable price if booking well in advance

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Cordoba
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 13:39. »
Thank you C and J