Author Topic: More of an FYI  (Read 880 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« on: October 19, 2021, 21:12. »
Had three days in Benidorm from last Friday to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary, pleased to report it was heaving with people, very high percentage of Brits, just what is needed, even GA has been busy. Not looking forward to going home. Today stood and watched the demolition of Hotel Beirut in Los Arenales, just started this morning, got a crane with a jaws attachment cutting sections off the structure, can only improve the area with it gone.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 22:36. »
Really pleased they have got on with that hotel demolition, at last, there can be a decent view from that (in my opinion) underrated square where Sebas Corner bar is.

A long time coming!

ps. congratulations on the anniversary!
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 07:57. »
Cheers Beachlife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 18:59. »
Video attached

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 19:02. »
I've just uploaded video of the cleared hotel wreck in Los Arenales

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 08:53. »
About time too, not your video Kevin 😉, I can't believe that this eyesore was allowed to linger on so long, I bet the court cases surrounding it will linger on even longer.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 12:39. »
We were at Sabas corner on Sunday very nice restaurants in the square if your down that way. I can’t view the video but on Sunday there was still some standing with an eerie twin towers look to the site. I also stand by my previous prediction that a developer related to an official will unsurprisingly rebuild the site.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 14:08. by wilson »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 18:39. »
Has improved the view John, I reckon there will be a new hotel there soon, hope you are well .

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 16:24. »
Arenales very quiet at the moment but still a smattering of bars and restaurants open in the week with most open Friday/Sat/Sunday, nice afternoon in the view bar with Spanish friends next door to El Veintiseis. The demolition continues.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
More of an FYI
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 15:58. »
We'd being going to the Estrella d' Mar most lunchtimes for a  beer and tapas,it's the bar in the ground floor of the shore front flats, we sit there and look at the sea, sadly back home in Suffolk trying to acclimatise.