Author Topic: All Sold update  (Read 3206 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« on: October 11, 2021, 20:14. »
Well I popped over to GA. Sold my car to Frank for 9,000 Euros and ebike to a forum member for 900 Euros bringing the other bike I had back to the UK which sold straight away on Ebay for £650. The house sold within days at the full asking price to a cash buyer from Madrid. The sale was handled by Chris Pile of Gran Alacant Properties who made the whole process easy. I have had years of fun with the occasional leg pull (both ways) both on this forum and the plaza that went before it. I have meet many forum members over the years and one who used to have fun with me being Luton town even changed sides and became a Tory. This forum has certainly helped with answers to any issue concerning GA and Spain and I am really grateful that others have tolerated me and my sense of humour.

Thanks

Derek

Offline jdr

All Sold update
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 21:18. »
Good Luck Derek
Pleased all has gone well,
Susan is enjoying the Electric bike stay safe
Cheers
Jim & Susan

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 22:12. »
Good luck Derek hope it all works out for you . Stay on the forum you have a wealth of info that will benefit others

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 22:35. »
Spot on - keep close Derek, stay healthy and happy !

Good luck Derek hope it all works out for you . Stay on the forum you have a wealth of info that will benefit others
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 16:07. »
Hi Derek,

Please could you provide a rough estimate of costs for selling eg agents fees, legal, taxes etc?

Thanks

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 17:31. »
Hi

yes for sure.

The agent was 3.5% plus iva (vat). The Solicitor 480 Euros and another 180 Euros to give her power of attorney (saving us flying over to sign it away) Big saving not having to fly out to Spain. Hotel. Flights Taxi Etc  No tax as we did not on paper make a profit.

Here in the UK Notary £217 no VAT

Another house on the same road as us over in GA sold within 6 days. Surprising that they are selling so quick.

Derek

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
All Sold update
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 11:09. »
Derrek, am thinking of using P.O.E, having no need to fly over, but am stuck with house clearance, just wondered if a buyer would buy with all items as seen, including personal effects.?
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 18:04. »
Derrek, am thinking of using P.O.E, having no need to fly over, but am stuck with house clearance, just wondered if a buyer would buy with all items as seen, including personal effects.?

Have a word with Chris Pile he appears very honest and will help I am sure. Mention my name when talking to him.

Derek

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 13:50. »
Hi Derek,

Thanks for your information, very helpful. Are the agents fees standard across the board as seems high compared to Uk agents?

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 14:21. »
Hi

I think the selling agents fees in GA range between 3% and 5% but I do think they do a bit more than in the UK for their money A bit saved on the legal fees when comparing Spain to the UK.

Derek

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 18:22. »
Thanks Derek, interesting on legal fees as our existing fiscal representative who are a very large firm quoted 1200 euros for legal s plus all the add ons for attorney etc.
We haven’t actually decided to sell yet but looking at costs

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2021, 19:10. »
On your annual tax cost speak with Rosa and you will save a mint.

Derek

rosa@rosahelps.com
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 19:26. by Derek »

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
All Sold update
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 10:21. »
Thanks Wendy will keep it in my disry
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 18:10. »
Just an update. The sale was completed today. That was really quick from start to finish.

One trip to GA to put the house on the market and the rest done from here in the UK. So from putting it on the market on the market 22nd September. Deposit paid by a cash buyer 10th Oct and sale completed today (full asking price) the 5th Nov.

Derek

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
All Sold update
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2021, 18:41. »
Great to hear Derek.
Fingers crossed you get your 3% retention back quickly.
As others have said it would be good to see you continuing to share your experiences on the forum.

Best wishes

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."