Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 871 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« on: September 28, 2021, 12:59. »
Does anyone have any phone numbers for car hire, coming out 15th October till 23rd. Can’t find anything at the moment all fully booked.
Thanks

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 15:06. »
Best to look on line, we are out in October for three weeks was getting quotes of €750 a lot more expensive than previous out of season years

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 18:12. »
My annual cost of approx €700 for tax, insurance, ITV and airport parking for running my car (no allowance for depreciation which is minimal) compares well with your €750 quote for three weeks car hire.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:26. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 22:19. »
Blue and white stripes how does the airport parking work , is the for a years parking?What is the cost of the insurance etc.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 09:25. »
I pay approx 260 euros for a year's off-site parking with unlimited pick-ups, 325 for insurance, 66 tax and 46 for the yearly ITV.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 09:30. »
Just to give you some insight (not wishing to pre-empt B&W's response?

I have a 2018 Mokka - insurance is €355 with Linea Directa and year-long parking is €250 with 12 free pickups and dropoffs each year at Eco Parking. Just a 5 min transfer to and from the airport.

B&W is dead right on depreciation, Frank Roscoe offered me the same as I paid for it in 2020 when I was looking at a couple of other cars this summer
BeachLife

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 18:02. »
Hi with the airport parking, can family and friends use the car or is only yourself / owner ?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 09:57. »
With Eco Parking I had to send in a email in advance saying my son was picking up my car and he took a signed letter from for good measure (it wasnt checked) - no problems at handover
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 10:10. »
Has anyone been asked for an International Driving Permit by the car hire companies at Alicante airport ?

Offline Andy

Car hire
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 21:39. »
Has anyone been asked for an International Driving Permit by the car hire companies at Alicante airport ?

I rented a car last week from Gold Car (via DoYouSpain). No IDP required for me...I have the credit card/photo-style driving license.
May be different if you have just a paper license.