Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 373 times)

Offline JC1

Advice please
« on: October 10, 2021, 15:37. »
I’m a long time lurker here. Been travelling to GA for around 16 years but haven’t been over for a while. I’m just getting over having Covid. Has anyone travelled over on a recovery certificate? From everything I’ve read it looks like I can but there so much that contradicts itself…confused! Any advice will be gratefully received.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 16:42. »
https://www.spth.gob.es/

That’s the link to the Spain use locator form you have to fill in. You can see what that says by putting in any information until you get to the part where you declare if your vaccinated not vaccinated or have a recovery certificate. Think that comes up only within the 48 hours of travel so make sure you add the correct date to get to that section.

We have just come back from Lanzarote traveling with a family member that hasn’t had the vaccine, they had no issues. Just showed the certificate that they tested negative within the 72 hours of arrival.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 16:45. by Sookie »

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Advice please
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 16:44. »
The certificate of recovery must state the date of the first positive test, and indicate that the passenger has passed the disease and is not infectious-contagious at the present time, and the country where the certificate was issued. They may submit a certificate of recovery provided that more than 11 days have elapsed since the first positive NAAT test was performed. This certificate shall be valid for 180 days thereafter.

If it is not possible to obtain it in these languages, it must be accompanied by a translation into Spanish by an official body.

That from a link of the above web site.

Offline JC1

Advice please
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 16:47. »
Thanks. I’ve seen that but. I’ve also read that the UK isn’t included in that. I’m double vaccinated. Can’t prove it cos the NHS take that away from you when you test positive and replace it with a recovery certificate. Nightmare!

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Advice please
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 19:40. »
This post is a reminder for everyone to get a 'hard copy' from the NHS by letter confirming their vaccination dates. Always useful as a back-up.

Offline JC1

Advice please
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 23:32. »
And had I known they’d take my vaccination proof away, I’d have done just that. Didn’t know they’d do it until it was too late and now I’m stuck with a recovery certificate for 180 days. 

Still a small possibility I’ll manage to get one posted to me….

And, if I can get back into the uk on my recovery certificate and get a negative PCR I can still get into Spain…guess we shall see….