Author Topic: Internet provider  (Read 951 times)

Offline Retiredden

Internet provider
« on: August 23, 2021, 18:08. »
Hi

I’m looking for an internet provider for our holiday home in Gran Alacant, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance  :)

Offline marcomarcos

Internet provider
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 00:24. »
Hi all

I’d like to bump this, we used to use Grannet and pay for a months internet connection whenever we came over. It seems that Grannet are no more, are there other services offering pay by the month or will we have to buy a long term contract with Avatel?

Offline Spartacus

Internet provider
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 13:44. »
We use Telecable we pay monthly they disconnect when we are back in the UK  I email  them to turn it back on when we are coming back to G/A.We pay €7 per month standing charge when it's disconnected

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Internet provider
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 16:22. »
We use Avatel. They used to be Flexicable and I think Grannet before that??  We pay €6.20 a month when we are not there.  We email them to say when we want it off and then back on again. So far so good. They seem better than Flexicable were.
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline marcomarcos

Internet provider
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 23:00. »
Thanks for the replies guys, I’ll give Avatel a call.

Offline marcomarcos

Internet provider
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 11:43. »
Just to update on this, I called Avatel in Madrid, they were very helpful, found our old Flexicable contract and have put us on to their “On Off” contract, €6,20 a month when we’re not there and the full monthly price when we’re over, it was all very efficient.