Author Topic: entry into Spain  (Read 11004 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2021, 08:08. »
Confirmed yesterday that the Covid passport will be accessed via the nhs app ( not test and trace app) checked mine and jab details are showing. I assume the “ passport” will show in the documents section. Paper copies available also from GP. Friends who were trying to get app said that verification is now up to a week because gp has to grant access. When we did ours recently we linked the app to our passports with a facial scan, all seemed very clever but a bit big brother. You can also put others on your app if required.
On a separate topic, like many we check car hire prices once booked to see if there’s a better deal, all 6 bookings including next week have increased 50% since booking in January, not sure if it’s optimism or demand but the prices are crazy being asked.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2021, 08:32. »
Hi Wilson

Can I ask why you did not answer Spur's question being?

"Wilson I assume as you went last week where did you get a test prior to return ?"

Derek

Offline Pewster

entry into Spain
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2021, 09:32. »
With regards to the question regarding testing this end.

My wife returned to the U.K. at the beginning of April and got her test done at the salvum clinic at Santara.

I believe they are also available at the GP at Massa, and at the IMED talking to other recent travellers.

Prices do seem to vary, but not to the extent of those in the U.K.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2021, 09:38. »
Hi Wilson

"Wilson I assume as you went last week where did you get a test prior to return ?"

Derek
Derek if I thought for one moment that Spurs or your interest was genuine then I would gladly provide my experience at the clinic but methinks it lacks sincerity.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2021, 09:39. »
You can get a test in 3 places :

Imed in Torrellano

Salvum Clinic in GA (Santara Resort)

Family Doctors in GA (Masa Square)

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2021, 09:42. »

Imed in Torrellano

Any idea of cost & booking process, think it’s just antigen ie rapid flow test for return to uk

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2021, 10:43. »
Hi Wilson

Derek
Derek if I thought for one moment that Spurs or your interest was genuine then I would gladly provide my experience at the clinic but methinks it lacks sincerity.

It is genuine I’m looking to go after 17th and as we need a test to get back I wondered where you got yours and what it cost , I thought the idea of the forum was to help each other

Offline Lolabunny

entry into Spain
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2021, 10:49. »

There is a private doctor in the Masa Square opposite the Bowls club. They offer PCR tests....they have an advert in the Gran Alacant Advertiser.

Offline Lolabunny

entry into Spain
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2021, 11:01. »

This is just from my own experience of tests....in particular lateral flow!!! I had one at the Imed Private hospital in January because I wasn’t feeling well (40 Euros). The appointment system was a nonsense and still had to wait over an hour. Result was within 30 minutes (negative)!!!! Within a few days and feeling very ill I was admitted to Elche hospital with Positive Covid and Pneumonia....very frightening indeed. It really needs pointing out more that Lateral Flow tests are cheaper (which seems to be important to people at moment), BUT have quite a high failure rate. Give it some thought guys and stay safe...x

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2021, 11:08. »

Imed in Torrellano

Any idea of cost & booking process, think it’s just antigen ie rapid flow test for return to uk

Probably best to contact them for your individual requirements  8)  Contact details below

Salvum
info@salvumclinic.com

Imed
elche@imedhospitales.com

Ga Family Doctors
info@familydoctors24h.com

Offline Lolabunny

entry into Spain
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2021, 11:10. »
I agree with you Spurs.....why would you not want to help people on the forum if:
.. you have the knowledge, or
...you have the ‘legal’ experience.

My view is if you have experience which is ‘genuine’ then offer help to others...why wouldn’t you????

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2021, 11:45. »
I agree with you Spurs.....why would you not want to help people on the forum if:

My view is if you have experience which is ‘genuine’ then offer help to others...why wouldn’t you????
And your view methinks falls into the sincerity category or rather lack of.
Hopefully see you there Spurs when I arrive on the 22nd.

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2021, 11:53. »

And your view methinks falls into the sincerity category or rather lack of.
Hopefully see you there Spurs when I arrive on the 22nd.

Fair enough Wilson you have no answer as obviously as we all knew you never went to GA two weeks ago
I know this as a fact because there although you may have had legitimate reasons to leave UK ie trumped up I’m selling my property etc, but there was no way to get into Spain unless it was as a returning resident or you had a job to do that could not be done by a Spanish resident
There are no other reasons

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2021, 11:56. »
The key pupose of this forum it "to become great resource for information on this part of Spain that we all share a love of"

I guess plenty of folk who are contemplating a visit would be very gratefull if you shared the  experience of your testing before your recent flight home wilson.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2021, 13:14. »
Hi Spurs

How could you suggest such a thing. I agree it would be nice to know how it was that a member entered Spain without being a resident and completely within the rules of the game.

It is rather like who paid for the wallpaper maybe we will never know!

Derek
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 13:31. by Derek »