Author Topic: entry into Spain  (Read 11007 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2021, 17:25. »
Ian, if you wish as I do that life will return to normal you should be grateful to all those who ignored social distancing, the rule of six, mask wearing etc at the concert in Liverpool, further testing and analysis of those involved in the "expiriment" will hopefully open the door to more freedom for all of us.

Regards all

John
If Boris had pulled his finger out and made sound decisions based on lessons learnt many times over about previous virus infections and stopped his impersonation of coco the clown then this nonsense could have been resolved last year. Added to this shambles a good proportion of society who try and undermine absolutely every bit of guidance there is( how difficult is it wear a mask properly and stand 6 ft away) then we will be pushing sand uphill for the next decade. In my opinion it’s now every man for themselves you pay your money and take a chance, if you don’t like risk stay indoors and watch endless repeats for the rest of your days. Me I’m off.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2021, 18:09. »
Ian, if you wish as I do that life will return to normal you should be grateful to all those who ignored social distancing, the rule of six, mask wearing etc at the concert in Liverpool, further testing and analysis of those involved in the "expiriment" will hopefully open the door to more freedom for all of us.

Regards all

John
If Boris had pulled his finger out and made sound decisions based on lessons learnt many times over about previous virus infections and stopped his impersonation of coco the clown then this nonsense could have been resolved last year. Added to this shambles a good proportion of society who try and undermine absolutely every bit of guidance there is( how difficult is it wear a mask properly and stand 6 ft away) then we will be pushing sand uphill for the next decade. In my opinion it’s now every man for themselves you pay your money and take a chance, if you don’t like risk stay indoors and watch endless repeats for the rest of your days. Me I’m off.

Hypocritical.  What a contradictory post if ever I have seen one. I thought it would not be long before you apportion blame like when your Ryanair flight was cancelled a while back. Captain hindsight hope you enjoyed your trip to GA recently. As I have said before it is so strange that when things go right I can take the credit but whenever something goes wrong I blame someone else (In your case a requirement for blond hair is required).

Derek 

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2021, 19:16. »
Sadly Derek my blonde locks departed many moons ago. As for hindsight unless I’m a descendant of Cystic Peg my neighbours can testify to me hollering on a daily basis at the decisions made by Captain Calamity, they didn’t make sense then, they don’t make sense now and history and an independent enquiry will undoubtably find that the boys were negligent in the decisions made. And as for Ryanair running a coach and horses through numerous EU consumer/passenger laws, my head do spinneth in disbelief at such nonsense. Like I said previously I’ve done my bit to the letter now selfish or not it’s all about me, I’m off with Easy Jet.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2021, 19:24. »
I'm no Boris fan Wilson, apart from the vaccination program and testing...and he did manage to just protect the NHS from being overwhelmed...his record has been appalling.
He can not however take the blame for how other countries have faired in fighting this pandemic.  I really hope that  he follows scientific guidance when taking his decisions on overseas travel.
In the meantime we are looking forward to seeing our latest grandson who was born in February, we haven't been able to meet him yet, visiting our brothers and sisters, dining out, having a drink in the local and taking a couple of holidays in England...things that current controls will allow us to do, fingers crossed, I'd hate to see those things being screwed up due to others "taking a chance'.

Regards all

John.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 19:26. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2021, 20:54. »
I’m no Boris fan either but I suspect that history and any reviews etc will probably show that he has done as well or better than most leaders of countries . No one knew what we were really facing 13 or 14 months ago , like most people we had seen it before with warnings about Asian bird flu ,sars, Zika and many others . He like us was in totally uncharted territory . Some things he got wrong like being late with lockdowns and the Christmas fiasco but some he called perfectly like vaccine purchases early and the actual rollout.
Interestingly we are now 13th in the death per million of population in Europe way behind Italy and Hungary and the French and Spanish are not far behind us now. This is the only measure that until total excess deaths are published gives an accurate measurement of how a country is doing.
We have to look at the positives . Everyone said when the kids go back to school rates will increase , hasn’t happened,they also said relaxing lockdown rates will increase hasn’t happened, they said pubs opening outside will increase rates hasn’t happened. Hopefully the next few steps out of lockdown will continue this trend.
I hope we can travel to Spain in next few weeks and as soon as it’s legal I will be on a plane

All of this can only now be due to vaccines, and for that we must be grateful.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2021, 23:22. »
Have to agree with Wilson. We have to trust in the vaccine we have had. I have been shielding for a year and never took the risk of travelling last Summer/Autumn when lots did, rightly or wrongly. Now it’s time to get moving again. Infections are at their lowest since last summer. I for one will be hopping on that plane if the flight is going in June. Was it selfish of the people who went last summer ? If the answer is no then it’s certainly not selfish this summer to fly to Spain

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2021, 05:53. »
I don’t think it was selfish of people to go to Spain last summer . If it was then I’m guilty I went . It was legal in both countries, not a excuse or some ruse claiming I was selling it etc .As soon as it’s legal I’m off again , I have faith in the vaccine

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2021, 07:03. »
https://mol.im/a/9545897 So it now seems that vaccinations are driving down infection and not lockdown, no doubt though that while we were waiting for the vaccines that not mixing with other people helped slow infection. I think we are now in a position to get back to normality.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2021, 08:14. »
I don’t think it was selfish of people to go to Spain last summer . If it was then I’m guilty I went . It was legal in both countries, not a excuse or some ruse claiming I was selling it etc .As soon as it’s legal I’m off again , I have faith in the vaccine
That’s a politicians answer when found out, nothing to see here, no laws broken, all within the rules mlud. Still doesn’t make it right, just means you get away with it, whilst the rest of society looks on in bewilderment as to how it’s possible. As said previously whilst at ALC awaiting our flight we watched the incoming passengers disembark from the UK, whilst I didn’t see any hen parties or kiss me quick hats, there sure seemed a lot of essential business being conducted. Like I said I’ve done my bit to the letter both lawfully and ethically.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2021, 13:23. »
That’s a politicians answer when found out, nothing to see here, no laws broken, all within the rules mlud. Still doesn’t make it right, just means you get away with it, whilst the rest of society looks on in bewilderment as to how it’s possible. As said previously whilst at ALC awaiting our flight we watched the incoming passengers disembark from the UK, whilst I didn’t see any hen parties or kiss me quick hats, there sure seemed a lot of essential business being conducted. Like I said I’ve done my bit to the letter both lawfully and ethically.
I expect they (other travellers) were looking at the Wilsons with exactly the same thoughts. What nonsense to suggest others were possibly breaking the rules which of course you would never do.

Derek
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 13:27. by Derek »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2021, 15:36. »
I wasn’t suggesting that the passengers I saw at both LTN and ALC were breaking any rules, I can only surmise that the 8000 people a day coming through UK ports have similar essential travel requirements as the Wilsons do.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2021, 18:32. »
Spain on amber travel list so no mass travel FTB.

If you do travel where can you get a pcr test in area before returning to UK

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2021, 19:09. »
I was going to ask same question Chris and Jackie
I did see somewhere they were going to have one at Alicante airport but I’ve not seen it confirmed

Wilson I assume as you went last week where did you get a test prior to return ?

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2021, 19:21. »
https://testcoronavirus.imedhospitales.com/citaDisponible

They are available at Elche hospital but there was talk of setting up a centre in Alicante airport.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2021, 07:39. »
How long before you travel back to the UK do you need a test is it 72 hours before as it is from UK to Spain?