Author Topic: entry into Spain  (Read 10998 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2021, 13:19. »
The Wilsons are back in Blighty. For those genuinely interested please read on. Point of clarification for our chief moderator my device was not logging in it was actually logging out, which for those of us who understand the world of communication is deemed good practice across all platforms.
The travel both ways was quite uneventful, the outbound was reasonably full as was the return flight. I also noticed the flight disembarking at ALC was quite full. Our Spanish friends were overjoyed to see us as they have also had a tough year in many ways. Momentum on vaccination is gathering pace with a comparable position to the UK in February. I’m not sure whether the non Spanish are in the same position though as apparently lots have left in recent weeks to get jabbed in there home country. Other than that all is still the same in GA with a new normal being accepted widely. Speaking with an estate agent friend from Calpe demand is going up with many city dwellers speaking to relocate to the coastal areas. There’s a lot of fingers crossed for the return of tourists in June as many businesses are on the brink. Hopefully our next return to GA in a couple of weeks will be something like normal.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2021, 19:46. »
Thanks for update Wilson, were there many tourists or property owners in area whilst you were there or is like January time with no one about?

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2021, 20:00. »
Amazing that thousands of people can attend a indoor concert in Liverpool by having to pay to have a c.v negative test. If we have to fly to Alicante £160 for a negative test
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2021, 21:11. »
£80 for a drive -in test at the NEC Birmingham

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2021, 10:30. »
Sorry my post on Liverpool concert should have read that  negative  testing was free

Offline Pewster

entry into Spain
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2021, 20:38. »
Amazing that thousands of people can attend a indoor concert in Liverpool by having to pay to have a c.v negative test. If we have to fly to Alicante £160 for a negative test

The simple fact that there’s been a cross party committee on ‘foreign travel’ this week should tell you all you need to know. U.K. politicians rarely do anything amicably cross party.

I’ve been saying for a long time, the U.K. has been generous to the point of near economic suicide with its covid support compared to most of the world, and now it needs to do all it can to ensure as many of these hand outs get spent in the U.K.

I doubt many of the U.K. obstacles currently in place to make foreign travel less costly will be removed in any great hurry, regardless of what the prospective destinations say or do.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2021, 20:58. »
In my view total rubbish. The Government are of course concerned that we do not need another lock down, The idea that the restrictions are in place to encourage spending at home is lefty nonsense. Next they will be a claim that the virus is not real and has been conjured to make the poor poorer and the rich richer.

This rubbish can be heard at speakers corner loud and clear by those that always think that there is a conspiracy. Could it not just be that Countries that have failed to control the spread of the virus are a risk and the UK Government are wanting to protect us Brits. Maybe that is too simple.

By the way you do not buy a negative test as referred to in two previous post. You actually purchase a test that might show that you are either positive or negative.

Derek

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2021, 22:08. »
Whilst I fully appreciate that there are more important things than people dying from coronavius like who paid for his wallpaper but here are the facts

Last seven day average of new cases in the UK 2,129  Spain adjusted for population difference 14,514 new cases. Spain death rate over the past 7 days is 546% greater than the UK. 97 daily average against 15. Yes the restrictions are in place to increase the share price of Butlins for sure!!

Yes who paid for that wallpaper?

Derek

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2021, 22:10. »
I feel it’s all becoming a bit of a fiasco now. We were told to get jabbed so we could fly on holiday. Hey we have been jabbed, now the goalposts are moving. I understand we need to be cautious, but it’s now getting a bit tedious. Think anyone who has been jabbed fully should be allowed entry in and out then a lateral flow test in and out on return to the UK. If all ok should be able to carry on. I’m happy to quarantine on return if that is what is needed but really think it’s time to get back to normal.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2021, 22:16. »
I feel it’s all becoming a bit of a fiasco now. We were told to get jabbed so we could fly on holiday. Hey we have been jabbed, now the goalposts are moving. I understand we need to be cautious, but it’s now getting a bit tedious. Think anyone who has been jabbed fully should be allowed entry in and out then a lateral flow test in and out on return to the UK. If all ok should be able to carry on. I’m happy to quarantine on return if that is what is needed but really think it’s time to get back to normal.

Think you are making this up as you go. The Government never said get jabbed and you can fly I think that was an advert from a well known airline that was banned. They are saving lives which might be tedious to you as you are one of the lucky ones whom have survived.

A roadmap for getting out of the lockdown was announce and has not been altered to date as tedious as it it (to you), No movement of the goal post.

Derek
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/03/ryanair-jab-and-go-ad-banned-covid-summer-holidays-complaints
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 22:27. by Derek »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2021, 00:22. »
But surely we have to believe the vaccines work don’t we and if we are fully vaccinated why can’t we go? We cannot stay hidden at home for ever, if they work they work great if the6 don’t then we may as well carry on as normal because we have no other plan

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2021, 08:32. »
For Derek

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2021, 09:03. »
Well said Derek.
We are only just over a year into this, we still have a lot to learn about this awful virus, the last thing we need is new variants hitting our shores that could possibly undermine the  excellent work of the NHS and the restrictions we have all faced over the last year.
If you are worried, as I would be about your house there are companies in GA such as Novadesta who undertake inspections of your property and provide reports on its condition. They did it for us for years.
It's easy enough to contact them and securely get a set of keys to them.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2021, 09:23. »
My wife & I will not be visiting our place in G.A while this rip off charge for a clear test is required 48 hours prior to travel. For a £250 return flight we are asked to pay 150£ each (approx) outward & same flying back £600 total. Did the thousands who attended a venue in Liverpool without masks have to pay for the test to attend, same for Wembley cup final. Don't also understand why you can visit a pharmacy for free testing. Like been mentioned previously 2 jabs should allow you to travel

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2021, 09:41. »
Ian, if you wish as I do that life will return to normal you should be grateful to all those who ignored social distancing, the rule of six, mask wearing etc at the concert in Liverpool, further testing and analysis of those involved in the "expiriment" will hopefully open the door to more freedom for all of us.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."