Author Topic: entry into Spain  (Read 10617 times)

Offline Marjul

entry into Spain
« on: April 12, 2021, 12:53. »
has any british resident entered Spain recently, what's needed and was there any problems. I apologise for error I should have asked as any Brit. With Spanish residence travelled back toSpain , were there problems, are the authorities asking for testing
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 14:09. by Marjul »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 05:48. »
I think at the moment you can guarantee to have problems entering Spain, newspaper reports of legitimate travellers with correct paperwork being put back on the plane they arrived in at Alicante airport.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 08:11. »
has any british resident entered Spain recently, what's needed and was there any problems

I will update you Saturday evening.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 12:52. »
Are you travelling Wilson? If so good luck.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 13:23. »
Good luck - have all the paperwork in triplicate! 

Will be an adventure in itself ....  8)
BeachLife

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 16:01. »
Are you travelling Wilson? If so good luck.
The Wilsons are off (hopefully) booked the flights months ago so nothing to lose. All within the rules both UK and Espania. Intending to be one of the 8000 a day who Grant Scnapps couldn’t quite explain who they were  when asked last week, but was satisfied that they travelled within the rules. As my Nan would say, if you can’t beat em join em.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 16:03. by wilson »

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 18:04. »
Being nosey - what are your official reasons for entering Spain, Wilson?

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 22:27. »
Being nosey - what are your official reasons for entering Spain, Wilson?

I was thinking that as well. I am sure he intends to journey with complete compliance with the lockdown rules especially after his comments about certain business men being unable to sleep in a straight line. There must be a genuine reason for his travel that complies with the Lockdown rules which make International travel illegal except for a few permitted reasons.  I am sure that it is not one of those cases that Wilson so aptly described as "a kettle calling the pot black".

Obviously he would not be applying the rules in a manner that was not in keeping with their intended reason which I think is to protect  the health of both those in Spain and the UK. Statutory Interpretation springs to mind. (Which I think is were a court decides what was actually intended by the actual law). I remember an interesting case where a lady was soliciting for sex from her front room to men walking pass on the pavement in Southampton. She was duly prosecuted for soliciting in a public place. She claimed her front room was not a public place. However the court of appeal ruled that the law intended to protect the public and therefore she was convicted.  Smith v Hughes 1960. Clearly it was for her unwise to twist the rules. It is funny with age how one forgets what day it is yet is able to remember other complete rubbish of no importance.

Derek

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 22:58. by Derek »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 09:07. »
The latest update from The Spanish Citizens Advice Bureau states;

Permitted reasons to enter Spain after 30 March 2021

From 6pm (GMT+1) on 30 March 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), passenger travel between the UK and Spain will resume, however entry restrictions and testing requirements will remain in force. Only Spanish citizens, those who are legally resident in Spain or those who can demonstrate through documentary evidence an essential need to enter Spain, will be allowed to enter the country. Permitted circumstances include:

Holders of a long-stay visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State, who are travelling onto said country.

Health professionals, including health researchers, and elderly care professionals who are going to or returning from essential work.

Transport personnel, seafarers and aeronautical personnel.

Diplomatic, consular, international organisations, military, civil protection and members of humanitarian organisations.

Students who carry out their studies in the Member States or Schengen Associated States and who have the corresponding permit or visa and medical insurance, provided that they are travelling to the country where they are studying, and that entry occurs during the academic year or 15 days previous.

Highly skilled essential workers whose work cannot be postponed or carried out remotely, including participants in high-level sports events due to take place in Spain.

People traveling for imperative family reasons who can demonstrate an essential need to travel.

All of the circumstances above must be justified by documentary evidence. You should be aware that you may be questioned on arrival by Spanish border authorities to ensure you meet the entry requirements. Spanish border authorities will only grant entry if they are satisfied that your journey to Spain is essential and reserve the right to deny passage.

Obviously Wilson must tick one or more of those boxes, as he wouldn't use the forum to broadcast illegal activity would he.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:15. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 09:22. »
As this is a public forum it would not be wise to give specific details regarding my essential and necessary travel requirements to Alicante during a global pandemic. The reasons fully comply with the current rules regarding leaving the UK and entry into Spain, they are reasons that are now fully accepted by officials at ALC with no problems  or misunderstandings apparent. Obviously you will be asked about your essential entry so being able to converse with officials to add context and clarity would be wise, or they may conclude that your on ones jollies as I think may have happened to others recently.

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 09:38. »
Best of luck, hope you get in although entry does seem to depend on the mood of the officials who meet you.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2021, 09:54. »
Best of luck, hope you get in although entry does seem to depend on the mood of the officials who meet you.
Hopefully with all the boxes lawfully ticked luck will not be required.
Let’s hope getting back into Brummie Road is a lot easier for us.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2021, 10:29. »

I've not seen any evidence that luck was required, nor that officials change their mood. Follow the rules, have the correct documentation. Simple as that.

Listening to the advice of English Facebook posts (especially pertaining to TIE cards not being a requirement, despite this country saying they are for over a year) is not recommended.

Offline Lolabunny

entry into Spain
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 11:18. »

It is not so much ‘luck’ or ‘loopholes’...it really should be thinking of the protection of people in this pandemic. The infection rates are rising very quickly in Spain again, but fortunately in the Valencia region we are doing okay. This is not because we have been vaccinated......that is another story......but rather the infection rates remain low here because of the strict lockdown. There can be very very few reasons for anyone to want to choose to travel to another country at present. It all comes down to a persons conscience and doing  what is right and what has been set out legally, to attempt to keep others safe. For people living in Spain we are now used to the restrictions....for anyone visiting it is not as you may think. Masks worn at ALL times, bars/restaurants closed at 6pm, street curfew at 10pm, restricted numbers dining together or visiting homes. Always the chance of restrictions being ramped up at any time!!!The weather is a bit up and down at the moment, quite chilly today and looks like rain. So!!!!!! please can someone tell me why, from what I have read on this site, that it seems to have become a challenge to find a way to travel over here.. On another note....anyone who does insist on visiting needs to ensure they have very good health insurance as the EHIC card won’t help you. Whilst the care in hospitals here is fantastic there is a very big language problem if you don’t speak Spanish. Also, if you were to be admitted with Covid you are completely on your own....no visitors at all. It happened to me in January and whilst I was on the Covid Ward there was at least 8 other people from Gran Alacant there too. So, it does happen here and believe me you do not want to be in that position. So to sum it up.....not so much ‘luck’ but more about taking unnecessary health risks.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2021, 12:53. »

It is not so much ‘luck’ or ‘loopholes’...it really should be thinking of the protection of people in this pandemic. The infection rates are rising very quickly in Spain again, but fortunately in the Valencia region we are doing okay. This is not because we have been vaccinated......that is another story......but rather the infection rates remain low here because of the strict lockdown. There can be very very few reasons for anyone to want to choose to travel to another country at present. It all comes down to a persons conscience and doing  what is right and what has been set out legally, to attempt to keep others safe. For people living in Spain we are now used to the restrictions....for anyone visiting it is not as you may think. Masks worn at ALL times, bars/restaurants closed at 6pm, street curfew at 10pm, restricted numbers dining together or visiting homes. Always the chance of restrictions being ramped up at any time!!!The weather is a bit up and down at the moment, quite chilly today and looks like rain. So!!!!!! please can someone tell me why, from what I have read on this site, that it seems to have become a challenge to find a way to travel over here.. On another note....anyone who does insist on visiting needs to ensure they have very good health insurance as the EHIC card won’t help you. Whilst the care in hospitals here is fantastic there is a very big language problem if you don’t speak Spanish. Also, if you were to be admitted with Covid you are completely on your own....no visitors at all. It happened to me in January and whilst I was on the Covid Ward there was at least 8 other people from Gran Alacant there too. So, it does happen here and believe me you do not want to be in that position. So to sum it up.....not so much ‘luck’ but more about taking unnecessary health risks.

In my view an excellent post. The rules are there to keep us safe. I cannot think of a possible reason for anyone wishing to find a way around them. ( I am not suggesting anyone is) Yes it is hard not to have the freedom to travel but we are all in this together and everyone must do their bit and refrain from travel until it is deemed to be safe. More cases will only delay the date when others can enjoy travel again. The lockdown is working both in Spain and here in the UK which is giving a chance to get the population vaccinated.

Derek
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:56. by Derek »