Author Topic: Winter in Gran Alacant  (Read 4675 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Winter in Gran Alacant
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2021, 21:05. »
Meanwhile, back to the original subject, if normal service ever does resume and there are any businesses left that survive it. Gran Alacant is a wonderful place to spend winter with plenty of things open and things to do.
Economics  show that when times are tough the weakest exit and when times are good new entrants appear. Therefore yes a lot badly run tourist businesses will go with the better ones hanging on who will do well when it opens up again. Consequently there will be a quite a few cheap businesses to be had and once sold to people that again have little idea but a desire for an easy life in the sun as an alternative to a real job it will all be back to normal. My advice is hang on in there and life will return to normal.

Derek
GA has always had an identity problem, some like myself who first bought 20 years ago chose the area for it’s lovely location and unspoilt way of life in sunny Spain. Sadly there was a minority who strived to turn GA into mini Benidorm with tacky bars selling pie and chips and cheap beer. Winter now in ga is how it used to be back in the good old days, with the decent bars and restaurants still open and shops with reduced hours, do people remember Sundays when everything was shut. So it might seem harsh but I agree derek hopefully all the tat and dross for the kiss me quick brigade won’t reopen and we will have a nice smaller selection of quality establishments.