Author Topic: lets have some good news please  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
lets have some good news please
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 18:46. »
PCR test at Stansted £99 (48 hour turn round). In Spain, various centres at Elche and Moraira (for me). Alicante airport comes on line for testing in May -AHV posted sometime ago about this.

https://www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing/stansted-airport

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 07:24. »
IIRC, my daughter's au pair, they live in Putney, paid only slightly less for hers for her flight home to Madrid at Christmas. It was all a bit stressful apparently getting it done three days before, ostensibly with a 24 hour turnaround, and the result arriving only hours before her flight.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 11:19. »
Hopefully those vaccinated won’t need a PCR test to enter Spain post 17/05 , this seems to be the indication from countries like Greece, Denmark etc

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 12:04. »
I'm guessing a lot of the anti-vaccination brigade will suddenly decide it's a good idea if it avoids having to take a PCR test or being banned from entering some countries without a vaccine passport.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 12:21. »
I expect the "anti-vaccination brigade" belong to the anti everything brigade. If it was said the ceiling was white they would argue it was black and suggest it was unjust to have such inequality.

Certainly they will find fault in a vaccination passport maybe suggesting it takes away their human rights!

Derek

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 12:22. »
re flights & tests, i had flights booked with easyjet for £186 return grom m/cr (self & wife) in march (cancelled) they gave me an option of refund or change flights. I rebooked for April, but this will have to be cancelled, so will now book for early sept, the flight is £30 dearer but you only pay your original booking price. By Sept we hope travel will be back to normal, no way will we pay to be tested @ £200 each going out & the same flying back, i.e £800 for a £186 flight. Hopefully by then vac certificate will do away with the test. easyjet have cancelled flights till 17th May Hope you are keeping well and looking forward to the new timetable for coming out of lockdown.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 13:46. »
Hi Ian
 Please could you tell me if Easy Jet contacted you about cancelling all flights till May 17th
 as we have rebooked to go on the 3rd May but have heard anything
 Thanks
 Mushte

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 16:34. »
hi mushte, the bbc news said that easyjet were cancelled till17th.may.  i have flights booked for 13th april easyjet will email shortly before then to offer me new flights, so don't worry.

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 17:40. »
Thanks Ian
Will wait for the e-mail to rebook again  :-\
 mushte

Offline NickiH

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 16:41. »
Hopefully if we get a vaccine passport we shouldn’t need a test going and coming back. It will only prove you haven’t got Covid at that point.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 12:38. »
More good news!

It has just been announced by Ximo Puig, the President of Valencia, that as of ☀️1ST MARCH ☀️ all bars and restaurants 🍷🥘 can re-open 75% of their terraces until 6pm with 4 people per table (with distance and mask).  💪💪
Interiors of bars will remain closed. 
In addition :
😎A maximum group of 4 people outdoors. Indoors, the restrictions are the same as up to now -  just the people who live there.
😎The municipal perimeter closure of the 16 cities with more than 50,000 inhabitants that were closed on weekends will be lifted from the 5th March.
😎All non essential stores can re-open until 8pm with 50% capacity.
😎Parks and gardens are opened
😎Curfew remains the same as until now, from 10pm to 6am
All these measures will be reviewed in 15 days 🙏
Great, positive news! 💪💪💪👏👏👏

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2021, 16:21. »
Excellent news hopefully this marks the start of a still cautious but positive year ahead.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2021, 17:44. »
hi mushte, i have today received email from easyjet cancelling my april flight, i have now done a free flight changs to september. By the way, i had trouble on ''manage my bookings'' with an forgotten password, so i have a useful telephone No in Manchester easyjet office, so phoned them & they did all the changes for me & emailed me back the new details.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2021, 20:27. »
For anyone booking car rental this year I’ve noticed that there appears limited availability in some classes all seem to have group A,B and C but nothing more, presumably they’ve offloaded stock from 2020 and not replaced the fleet. We’ve booked all with Centauro which are pay on arrival with free cancellation, but I always do a price comparison, there are cheaper deals currently but most off airport. If booking any deal check the terms and conditions as lots are doing no cancellation or amendments allowed which is not always initially clear when trawling through the results.

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2021, 22:19. »
Hi Ian
 That's handy i see you have given yourself plenty of time
 Had a word with my neighbour and said his friend flew in today only the one flight
 from Gatwick with Easy jet so was wondering if maybe certain airports are affected
 Think will hang on with fingers crossed they my not cancel our flights
 mushte