Author Topic: lets have some good news please  (Read 8414 times)

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
lets have some good news please
« on: January 11, 2021, 11:46. »
my wife Irene had the cov19 jab on friday, Boris hopes to have the U.K  all done by spring, lets hope so have a flight booked 14 april
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 13:27. »
Despite my gloomy post, I think there is room for optimism now, vaccination is kicking off and it would seem that people who get the virus are getting immunity so that future reinfection would result in milder symptoms, who knows with natural immunity and vaccination the virus may disappear sooner than we think.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 16:03. »
Something else good.  We came to G.A   Feb 2020 for 4  weeks, got caught in lockdown in March. All flights back to UK cancelled. Thanks to some wonderful neighbor's on 3.2g we survived till a flight back early July. Our Spanish neighbours Manuel & David were so helpful, taking us to the doctors &  pharmacy. During lockdown we went every night on the balcony to clap for the health workers, this formed a bond between the neighborhood,  .As we had no car Margaret & Alan across the road took our weekly oder for shopping from Lidl, also supplied us with reading books. Our Admin rep José was a real life saver, he arranged to take me to Elche hospital, also because I could not speak Spanish I could not get  a persription from the medical centre, he arranged a 3 way telephone conversation  between the Spanish doctor, myself and José to enable Mr to get a Spanish perception, which was sent electronically to the pharmacy.   thanks to all  those wonderful people

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:38. »
in response to those who had reactions to the cov19 jab, irene & I had no reactions whatever, cant wait for next jab in Feb, just wondered is you can mix & match, ie had the pizzner 1 first & the Oxford 1 second as there may be a shortage of the Pizzner ones. Good news only on this page please.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:41. »
All the people I know who have had a reaction are still going to get their second as soon as it's available.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 11:46. »
Has anyone had the 2nd shot yet ? I’m in 60s and probably due in March . But my mother in law has had first shot a few weeks ago now and will be in for 2nd in Feb /March as well . Someone told me there is no reaction with 2nd shot as it just a top up of what you already had. Wondered if anyone had any news on it as about 1/2 million have had both shots

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 08:47. »
Had my first yesterday. Upper arm feels a bit tender but that's all.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 12:00. »
with regard to mix & match jabs, there is testing taking place to see if mix & match can be used which should speed up the injection rate.

Offline Ron l

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 11:12. »
Me and the wife have had our jab both at different locations she had Pfizer I had oxford one, next jab is end of April, bring it on

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 12:05. »
Wifes mum has had her second shot (last Monday) - no reaction at all to the first or second jabs

Has anyone had the 2nd shot yet ? I’m in 60s and probably due in March . But my mother in law has had first shot a few weeks ago now and will be in for 2nd in Feb /March as well . Someone told me there is no reaction with 2nd shot as it just a top up of what you already had. Wondered if anyone had any news on it as about 1/2 million have had both shots
BeachLife

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 11:52. »
Well we’ve taken the plunge and booked flights for the rest of the year. Prices yesterday were still very good but I noticed on the news today that travel operators reporting a 500% surge so who knows how long they will stay low.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 12:53. »
Well we’ve taken the plunge and booked flights for the rest of the year. Prices yesterday were still very good but I noticed on the news today that travel operators reporting a 500% surge so who knows how long they will stay low.

Always worth the gamble for if it pays off you can take the credit and if Spain does not open its borders or restrictions still apply in the UK obviously you can pass the buck.

It is interesting when percentages are used to create headlines. One booking increased to just five bookings surely is a 500% increase so it might be you that had caused that headline! Well done Wilson.

Derek

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 16:14. »
I too have booked flights and they have gone up since I booked them. It's a great lift to finally write Spain on the calendar with a chance of getting there.
Two return flights with Ryanair £160, same dates with Jet2 £380 but they've since reduced them to £340.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 17:53. »

Always worth the gamble for if it pays off you can take the credit and if Spain does not open its borders or restrictions still apply in the UK obviously you can pass the buck.

It is interesting when percentages are used to create headlines. One booking increased to just five bookings surely is a 500% increase so it might be you that had caused that headline! Well done Wilson.

Derek
I don’t think I and 4 other people can take all the credit for the sales surge nationally in holiday bookings. I will always take a gamble when I know the rules, Feb half term, Easter and May onwards were booked knowing that circumstances could change, unlike my angst with last year where those flights had been booked long before a bat got eaten in Wuuhaan. The decisions to allow flights, stop flights, allow flights, all in, all out and the rest of the gaslighting okey kokey is the responsibility of someone else.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 18:38. »
So how do we get a covid test that will be acceptable to Spain and then one in Spain to return to the UK because I think that will still be req all summer unless we get a covid passport introduced and proof you have had both jabs I will be looking to fly out of Stansted but the cheapest covid test I can find is in London at £200 per person and I’ve no idea where to get one for return from Spain . I did here that they were planning a test place at the airport but can’t find it on line